Smugglers @ CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've snuck in whole wheat bread before, in a zip lock baggie all tucked down nice and cozy in my wet suite. Fish went nuts, even saw catfish the size I've never seen before.

So what do you feed em that they like so well?

Timeliner:
Robert almost busted us today but we brought in some chow for the fish.
(Somebody has to step up 'cause these are tough times if you have scales.)

Other then that ... thermo at around 19 feet and smuck after that. less then 1-2 feet of vis. at the Silos. It's plenty bright you just can't see and 58 degrees down there so officially Summer is here folks :D Say so long to refreshing and crystal clear. It was nice to wear short pants during a surface interval for a change !!
I didn't check what the top water temp was but it was mild if not murky....

'Still not sultry enough for Sealskin98 and Foo and Dez and Thomas and Kevin and the rest of you Blue Water Snobs (that I do miss so much)
but it'll happen soon.

Hots Dogs usually Oscar Mayer brand really shakes 'em up.
They hold together and are easy to store in your pocket or under your mask strap. If you happen to forget them at the end of the day and leave them in your BC pocket they will still be good when you dive the next weekend.
Thats a bonus :D

but some of the fashionable fish prefer those new peanut butter Oreos cookies.

That ought to keep the bloody earlobe syndrome going!

Easy Cheese in a can is what I bring to my fish feedings. It's clean and doesn't get hotdog or other juices all over my gear. One little press of the nozzle and neat wiggly worm of epic proportions pops out. drives em crazy.

Just don't let go of the can or NORAD will be tracking an ICBM launch.

tedj01:
That ought to keep the bloody earlobe syndrome going!

Yeah, those miserable perch are bad enough already. They're going to find a flesh-stripped skeleton out there if this keeps up!

Ahem...:no

Attachments

• Don't Feed The Fish.jpg
    Don't Feed The Fish.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 74
Ken we gear up on the other side of the lake next to this sign

Attachments

• hungryfish.jpg
    hungryfish.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 60
:soapbox:
I love the fish as much as the next person. I love to take care of animals, probably why I have 2 rabbits, a dog and a bird. The problem with feeding the fish is that they then associate food with divers. Once we get the new diver on the platform to perform their mask skill, we have to elect someone to shoo away the fish from behind their heads while they take the mask on and off. If we do not, then the fish will bite them on the ears or lips and could cause a panic situation and we all know what could happen then. I can prepare divers for a lot, but bloodied ears and lips are not the situations I wish to address on an open water weekend or any weekend for that matter. I have an instructor who has some serious scars on his ears from those perch. I can tell you, it hurts. Not to mention hot dogs, wheat bread, and cheeze whiz are not in the food chain and you are hurting them in the long run. No I am not a scientist but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom