Smoking weed on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when I did the OW teaching thing, when I seen the zig zags, pipe, any indication, I let them know that the narcosis will hit at early shallow depth, and deep dives will really mess you up. for the most part they with held till after diving.

Now when the DM checks my computer and see's that i have dove deep, and still have a ton of air left, they never worry about me again. and the spree is no different they will judge you for your diving and safety. they also will know if there is anything deeper to checkout.

Really if you want to do your own dives rent a yacht, its not that much more than a live aboard.

Happy Diving

Really if you want to do your own dives rent a yacht, its not that much more than a live aboard.
Or just pick a liveaboard known for competent divers where they trust you to dive your own dives and not hold your hand and punish you like an overbearing parent.

I've been on plenty of liveaboards where I've been allowed to do my own thing and would have been outraged if I were "policed" and threatened.

There's an awful lot of judging going on here. Let's say hypothetically that said substance were suddenly legal - everywhere. Now it's on an even keel with boats serving alcohol. Sure you can say, "I'd never dive any boat that would permit such abhorrent behaviors". Realistically I think the reactions are a bit knee-jerk. How many times have you sat on a chairlift with the person in the chair 25' in front of you toking up. You can smell it and you can't get away - have you ever heard of anyone testing positive and losing their job over such a situation?

This whole thread is ridiculous, it's not for anyone to judge anyone else's good time. If you're on a shared liveaboard it's because you couldn't afford to charter a boat for yourself - it's like living with roommates, you make a sacrifice of personal preference to secure a more affordable rate. A little give and take goes a long way in forced social settings with strangers.

Really? I have researched this a little. In the Caribbean, it seems you can get much better accommodations for about twice the price of a liveaboard, but greatly inferior diving support. The handful of boats that offered diving were just rendezvousing with dive boats or land-based operators to pick up tanks and sometimes divemasters--more of a taxi service than a liveaboard. I have not seen any private yachts for hire at dive destinations here in the Indopacific, although I'm sure they exist. I would be interested if anybody has a link.

How am I 'putting the entire boat at risk' by breaking the 130 fsw depth limit or going into a few minutes of deco, chief ? Heaven forbid !!:dork2:

I guess you would reimburse other divers for their trip should it be cut short because you got bent during your stint?

Really? I have researched this a little. In the Caribbean, it seems you can get much better accommodations for about twice the price of a liveaboard, but greatly inferior diving support. The handful of boats that offered diving were just rendezvousing with dive boats or land-based operators to pick up tanks and sometimes divemasters--more of a taxi service than a liveaboard. I have not seen any private yachts for hire at dive destinations here in the Indopacific, although I'm sure they exist. I would be interested if anybody has a link.
Yatch rental in the indopacific and Australia

Back
Top Bottom