Smith Lake - Vidor (Report and Story)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outhouse,

This is one of the funnier posts I have read in a long time. I went to highschool ( in the Golden Tri) there and Vidor is a strange place.

vanessar

Outhouse,

I went to highschool ( in the Golden Tri) there and Vidor is a strange place.

vanessar

I attended high school at LC-M.

Southeast Texas has gotta be one of the worst places in Texas to live. Sorry, don't mean to offend, but it is horrible.

Southeast Texas has gotta be one of the worst places in Texas to live. Sorry, don't mean to offend, but it is horrible.

No offense taken. I got out ASAP.

vanessar

No offense taken. I got out ASAP.

vanessar

Damn, I shoulda tried that!

Outhouse,

This is one of the funnier posts I have read in a long time. I went to highschool ( in the Golden Tri) there and Vidor is a strange place.

vanessar

My pain is deep here....Luckily I pretty much get out of here every weekend.

The wife has been living in Austin...I hope she doesnt have a brain hemorage during the re-adjustment.

At least my co-workers are all really good people.....so...

Pass the nachos.

Not all of south east texas is horrible only vidor and most of port arther. Nederland Port Neches Groves and Beaumont are pretty good. but the only good shchool district is Port Neches Groves

Just thought I'd update this thread since it's so negative on Smith Lake. My wife and I went there yesterday and again headed there today for some training. Yes, there are people in RV's at the lake, but in speaking with several who passed they just mind their own business. The showers and facilities on site were fine, the manager asked if we needed anything, and vis was easily 18-20 ft as we could see the entire 18 foot boat. Water temp was 76 at the deepest point making it plenty comfortable and our experience was enjoyable. Overall, it's a nice spot for dive fever as we don't have many places down here to dive and for some one to speak about racism and then be nothing but a bigot about the place and the people there just isn't worth listening too. Honest opinion is it's a backwoods low rent place and as long as you understand that the dive site and platforms are better than expected and it's a good place to get the first dive of the season, nothing more.

Just thought I'd update this thread since it's so negative on Smith Lake. My wife and I went there yesterday and again headed there today for some training. Yes, there are people in RV's at the lake, but in speaking with several who passed they just mind their own business. The showers and facilities on site were fine, the manager asked if we needed anything, and vis was easily 18-20 ft as we could see the entire 18 foot boat. Water temp was 76 at the deepest point making it plenty comfortable and our experience was enjoyable. Overall, it's a nice spot for dive fever as we don't have many places down here to dive and for some one to speak about racism and then be nothing but a bigot about the place and the people there just isn't worth listening too. Honest opinion is it's a backwoods low rent place and as long as you understand that the dive site and platforms are better than expected and it's a good place to get the first dive of the season, nothing more.

I appreciate this update. Texas has to be one of the worst places to dive (Texas Swamp Divers? Says it all...), but lately we have been been seeing some improvements. Mammoth is spectacular right now and this new report from Smith is very encouraging.

Give us a report on the second visit if you don't mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom