Smith Lake, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Mike, If the city of Birmingham get their drinking water from the outflow, and a bunch of us divers peed in the lake, do you think anyone would care?

Thanks for the info.
Howard

philmottrek99and02:
So Mike, If the city of Birmingham get their drinking water from the outflow, and a bunch of us divers peed in the lake, do you think anyone would care?

I never pee in my wetsuit. (Can I borrow yours again?)

If the City of Madison plans to use the Madison Quarry for drinking water... many of us have pee'd in their water also.

i didn't know that there were so many divers wanting to dive smith lake. i've thought about diving it for years. my dad remembered when it was not a lake and told me not to dive it. to many trees, houses other obstructions. when i make it back up there, i want to go dive. maybe this summer? anyone interested?
i know how to get to the rock creek place and one on crooked creek (east? of where bailey's used to be, go left where ?white oak? and crooked split, it's been a while)

dano

This thread did very quickly. Who still wants to go?

FYI all... I found this map on Alabama Powers website.

it's a pretty decent map of Smith Lake.
http://www.alabamapower.com/lakes/map.asp?lake=Smith

I filled out the form and got the map in about 1-2 mail days.
*FREEBIE*

The map at Wally-mart in the outdoor/hunting/fishing section is a little better. It runs about $7 or $8 bucks.
I've seen them at many places that sell fishing supplies also.
(example http://www.fishingmap.com/carto-craft/KF-107cc.html)

i'd be interesting in diving there. i'll be at ole miss for summer school in july, and would like to do some weekend lake/quarry diving, and pelham is about 3.5 hrs, and this one would be about 2 hrs.

Boomer7:
This thread did very quickly. Who still wants to go?

I do.

I'm up for it. I have access to two Lake houses with grills and a pontoon boat. As Mike says the place can be difficult to find.

AL

It looks like lone frog man and diveral are interested and biggmarty will be around during the summer. How about May 12th. That will give us time to figure out where to meet and where we should dive. We will also need a dive flag or two, depends on the size of the group. My map of Smith lake should be arriving in a few days.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom