Smart-DPV controller on a Sierra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Dive-X Sierra with a 6S 24V Lithium battery. I had previously upgraded to the newer Dive-X Electronic ESC and had mixed results. On a recent dive, while wearing my drysuit and back mounted double 50s, I managed to get 77 minutes of runtime, at top speed, before the scooter died. I had the Watts-Up meter installed, and at the end of the dive I had 19.91V, 22.536Ah and 465.9Wh.

I decided to order a Smart-DPV controller, and I was finally able to get a decent dive on Sunday. This time I did 75 minutes, wearing my drysuit, my KISS Classic CCR, and an AL80 bailout.

The most obvious thing about the Smart-DPV controller is that the once whiney Sierra is now so silent I can hear that I need to replace bearings. I exited the water after my dive using the Smart-DPV. I checked the Watt’s-up meter. 21.72V, 14.251Ah, and 313.0Wh!

I highly recommend a Smart-DPV controller!
95EBBA6E-131C-48BC-88A5-28B40A35B9B9.jpeg
A058AEB9-521D-4BFC-83CF-7489D6536C18.jpeg
49F63285-3B11-44B2-8E38-33F1E1CFFCB9.jpeg

now you'll start plugging the Smart-DPV in and downloading the discharge logs so you can track it with all the data instead of just the snapshot from the Watts-Up

now you'll start plugging the Smart-DPV in and downloading the discharge logs so you can track it with all the data instead of just the snapshot from the Watts-Up
The battery is probably getting tired. I did download this one from the controller, but I haven’t figured out how to dive into the data yet. For this purpose, the Watt’s-Up gave me the snapshot I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom