Smallest, Lightest BP/W System Possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• bc.png
    bc.png
    931.4 KB · Views: 132
I think the OP is primarily concerned about buoyancy. That UltraLite looks... puffy, so might be what they want. One could also add neoprene padding to most any harness or plate to improve a negatively buoyant situation.
Not necessarily concerned about buoyancy. I don't think the traditional travel rigs are too negative, but rather more cumbersome on the surface for packing, etc..

1633407005754.jpeg

Pretty flash the way links work these days I cant stop. Good job ScubaBoard helllllppppp!!!!!

giphy.gif

Not necessarily concerned about buoyancy. I don't think the traditional travel rigs are too negative, but rather more cumbersome on the surface for packing, etc..

Hold off for a little bit. I may have something special coming from Helium Dive ;-)

Ben - Paragon Owner

I think the OP is primarily concerned about buoyancy. That UltraLite looks... puffy, so might be what they want. One could also add neoprene padding to most any harness or plate to improve a negatively buoyant situation.
The UltraLite is a flat fiber plate. .

There is nothing "puffy" about the Oxy Ultra Lite plate. It is as small and light and minimal as nearly possible. And, when used as intended for tropical and warm water diving with aluminum 80s/63s etc, it is very stable. Heavy, negative steel tanks may tend to roll a little bit. The plate weighs about 6 ounces and does not add any buoyancy at all. I have been using mine for years. Currently my wife and I mostly use the VDH universal mini-plate but I am rigging her up an Ultra Lite as we speak.

N

The UltraLite is a flat fiber plate.
The picture in your link shows what I took to be stitch marks, and the text doesn't specify any material at all. However, I gladly yield to those with firsthand knowledge. Sorry for any confusion I may have introduced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom