Smaller mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acqua_girl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been constantly having problems with my masks: all of them seem to be quite big for me. As a result, I always have flooded masks....:depressed:

Until now, I've tried SeaSub, Mares (both X-Vision and Kona Midi) and Cressi (Lince). So far, the best fit is Kona Midi, but I'm still looking for that mask that won't give me any trouble during my dives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

A number of manufacturers make 'narrow' fit masks, atomic aquatics for example, in addition to their 'regular' sized masks - might work for you, don't know I use regular fit

There have been some threads here asking about smaller/'child' sized masks - general advice seems to be to try something built for asian faces (ie local non-export asian product). So you may have success trying a search with those words

Gull (also sold as AQA) which is aimed at the Japanese market seems to be one of the best maks for fitting Asian faces which are small but flat.

São Paulo is home to the largest Asian population in Brazil, as well to the largest Japanese community outside of Japan itself

So that says you should be able to find those masks there in Sao Paulo.

But, masks get water in them no matter how well they fit for any number of reasons. Getting used to having water on your nose is one of those things that is hard at first and then you forget you ever had problems with it.

Have you tried the Mares X Vision Liquid skin Mid. The liquid skin is a really soft silicone that molds to your face better.

Another option is a Tusa Splendive. My wife has one for snorkelling.

Aeris has the Europa 3 mask. WE seem to sell a decent amount of them to people with smaller faces.

Last year I started using their Coral Mask and have never been happier with a mask.

So that says you should be able to find those masks there in Sao Paulo.

Granted that Sao Paulo IS one of the largest (if not the largest) japanese communities outside Japan. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that we find "japanese-fit" scuba gear...:no:

Anyways, I'll try to find some of the manufactures mentioned on this thread - most of them are not found in Brazil....

But, masks get water in them no matter how well they fit for any number of reasons. Getting used to having water on your nose is one of those things that is hard at first and then you forget you ever had problems with it.

No need to argue. That's a fact. :D

I would suggest a Cressi Focus as being small (suits my 12 year old son) but, as said Tortuga68, an Atomic would be good to try. I have a standard size frameless, but they make a smaller version of it too. I was a constant mask clearer (with a Cressi and an Oceanic that obviously didn't suit me), but no longer; the Atomic is outstanding in every way.

I don't know if this applies to the OP, but I know I've loaned my AA mask to others, who have found the fit (seal) great, but the nose pocket too big to enable effective equalisation (ie small/flat nose) - so that can be another factor with 'correct fit'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom