Small wing to go with OMS IQ Lite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the OMS IQ Lite Backpack and the VDH 18 wing. I haven't used this configuration yet but out of curiosity I put the two together. They fit like a glove.View attachment 538223
Oh wow, this is awesome!!! Thank you so much! It's weird because VDH told me it won't work. I can't imagine ever using a backplate or going twin (if I want two tanks, I'll prob just monkey it like a pony), so I don't think the placement of the holes matter so much.

The Oxycheq 18lb singles wings have camband slots and roll control stabilizers. I actually use it with my VDH plate.

Grommet sizes are standard. Cam band slits are standard-ish across the industry, but it is possible to find some combinations that won't work. However most will.

I wouldn't hesitate to use either VDH, Deep6, or Oxycheq.
Aha now you make it extremely difficult for me! If all three work, which one do I go with then? They all have amazing reviews (like Johnny's). If both the VDH 18 and Oxycheq 18 fit, then why not, the Deep 6 is 2lb more lift. I'm sure I can't go wrong with any of them, but I still have to choose one! Has anyone tried all three and help enlighten me? Is there any discernible difference? My understanding is all three:
1. can be easily attached to the IQ Lite with cam bands (and I'll have to buy them extra)
2. fit single tank set up, no need to buy anything extra to make it work (other than the cam bands)
3. are low profile? low drag? lightweight? not too bulky?

I would imagine what Bryan meant was the he couldn't guarantee his VDH wing would work with your backplate. Remember the "standardish" camband slots I mentioned? It's the "ish" part that makes people squirrely. Most manufacturers are hesitant to tell you that their product will interchange with another manufacturers simply because they can't guarantee fit.

I know nothing about the OMS system, but if I takes dual cambands like most other backplates, any of the wings listed should work, and it will be a personal and financial choice more than anything. They are all quality manufacturers.

I've done some more research. It seems the Oxycheq is rather bulky and can't be packed down as nicely as the other two. So I'm down to Deep 6 and VDH. I think I prefer the VDH because it's smaller and appears more streamlined. @Uno1, I know you've posted a photo, so sorry I'm a worrywart, please promises me the Argonaut 18 definitely will fit in the OMS IQ Lite size XS/S! So if I already have the IQ Lite, I'd only need to order the Argonaut + two cam bands, correct? I'm thinking of using the Highland with Quick release buckle.

If the VDH Argonaut doesn't work out, Deep 6 is great too and it definitely fits.

Your iq lite takes the 27/32 # OMS wings then the cam slots should be fine. The 32# OMS and the VDH18# are shown side by side. Also shown is the VDH18# packed in my camera bag with a tray, float arms and accessories. Ultimately your decision.
oms vs argonaut.jpg
20190330_185112.jpg

I'm so excited about how small it is! Thanks so much for the help! The Argonaut is out of order, but I assume it will be back soon. I'll order one then!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom