"Small" leak on 300 Bar DIN valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do it all the time man. It's not slow. Takes a turn of the plug and it's good to go.

that's coming out of that small hole that we are talking about, not the valve threads. I don't know of any din valves in the US without it... not saying there aren't any, but all of the ones I've seen

that's coming out of that small hole that we are talking about, not the valve threads. I don't know of any din valves in the US without it... not saying there aren't any, but all of the ones I've seen
14/38 tanks in my garage have the hole.

OP: I had a similar problem and kept blaming it on the reg. I then tried a different reg on the tank and that reg on a different tank. It was always the bad tank that bubbled.

PS: A valve rebuild is what it took. Halcyon handled the rebuild for me and I got two kits for future issues. @tbone1004 remembers how annoyed I was over that.

OP: I had a similar problem and kept blaming it on the reg. I then tried a different reg on the tank and that reg on a different tank. It was always the bad tank that bubbled.

PS: A valve rebuild is what it took. Halcyon handled the rebuild for me and I got two kits for future issues. @tbone1004 remembers how annoyed I was over that.

especially since I was the one who took it to EE to get the parts kits :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom