"Small Face" Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis:
Atomic's 3rd mask is supposed to address this issue. I'm not certain how soon it will be released.

It's out and we have sold a few. Very popular with the ladies!

My wife has had a horrible time finding a mask that fit. Even the X-Vision Mid that I held such high hopes for was too large.

Freediving masks such as the Spora Sub Instinct Star fit smaller faces, but she wasn't very happy with the look. Ultimately we found the Aqua Lung Tyke Midi fit her well, as well as having the fashion she wanted. Give it a go if the other masks aren't working out for you.

If even that is too large, believe it or not those bubble packaged snorkeling kits for kids can provide options that work just fine. There really is no rocket science to mask design.

rakkis:
Atomic's 3rd mask is supposed to address this issue. I'm not certain how soon it will be released.

Is the one you're referring to the Atomics subframe?
http://www.atomicaquatics.com/vision.html

Ever since my 5 year old mares mask broke last year I've bought 6 masks looking for a new holy grail. I don't necessarily need a mask for a narrow face, but a mask with a very small lower skirt, if such a thing exists anymore.

If you have the possibility try and buy from Asia. In Japan masks are made for smaller faces for instance - the same mask from a manufacturer is a different face size here

Kim: You're right! I got a Gull mask right before my last dive trip and the fit was great! However, I bought it as an UW modelling mask, that is a single pane of glass and of lighter coloured frame and skirt.
I may have to get a black skirt Gull Mask, but I do love the colours of the atomic. How you look is important :D

All the Atomic masks have small lower skirts. However the one I was specifically refering to is apparently not on their website yet. It just came out. You can find a distributor @ http://www.atomicaquatics.com.

Go try then on :) I <3 mine.

Thanks a mil to everyone for the info. Unfortunately it seems like Aeris and Atomic don't distribute in South Africa, aaaaaaah I need a trip to the States again:D . It's amazing the price difference between South Africa and USA, you guys pay about a 2/3rds for equipment compared to us. I'm going to try the Mares Mid X-Vision or Aqua Lung Tyke Midi and see how that goes.

Suthnbelle, I originally bought all my gear from Isand Scuba in 2004, Mike was great, gave excellent service and advice, I'd recommend buying from him anytime. I got to Fort Lauderdale with an almost empty dive bag and left with a 38kg dive bag. Walking into Island Scuba's warehouse was almost as good as diving itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom