"Small Face" Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zambezi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I need some advice.

I currently dive with a Divetek Vision mask as I have an extremely narrow face. It's a great mask but doesn't have a very good field of vision. I'm looking for a "big eyes" mask with a small face. I've tried the Mares X-Vision, Purevision, Tusa Viewtrek, Cressi Big Eyes and a few others and all leak.:confused:

Is there a small faced mask with a good field of vision out there?

Thanks for the info

I'm pretty sure I tried the normal size as it's a friend of mine's and he's quite a large lad.

I'm going to have try the MID asap:D

Check out the Oceanic mini-shadow. It's not a "big eyes" mask, but it's low volume, has a one piece design and sits rather close to your face and gives a nice field of vision. The skirt is also very soft and it has to be the most comfortable mask I've tried.

Zambezi:
Thanks for the info

I'm pretty sure I tried the normal size as it's a friend of mine's and he's quite a large lad.

I'm going to have try the MID asap:D

The X-Vision mid uses the same frame as X-Vision with a smaller skirt. I personally found the X-Vision mid to fit me better as my face is narrower in the temple area.

Good luck,

Phil

When people coem into the shop to look for a small face mask I hand them the Mares X-Vision with the mid skirt. It fits them almost every time. If that doesn't work then I hand them a Scubamax kids mask but that does not have the elongated eyes you are looking for in a mask lens.

Atomic's 3rd mask is supposed to address this issue. I'm not certain how soon it will be released.

Zambezi:
Hi all

I need some advice.

I currently dive with a Divetek Vision mask as I have an extremely narrow face. It's a great mask but doesn't have a very good field of vision. I'm looking for a "big eyes" mask with a small face. I've tried the Mares X-Vision, Purevision, Tusa Viewtrek, Cressi Big Eyes and a few others and all leak.:confused:

Is there a small faced mask with a good field of vision out there?

Hi Zambezi, I've been researching the same thing lately and what I found is that a lot of the masks marketed as "freediving" masks are low volume with a larger field of vision. I've also got a small/narrow face and my Cressi Big Eyes is great for a low volume mask but it leaks. I also had the OMS all black mask and that leaked too. Here is a link for a low volume mask for a narrow face you can check out that was recommended to me by a dive buddy who wears it. http://www.island-scuba.com/p-MKM23.html

Try the Cressi Lince. It has the same shape & field of vision as the Big Eyes, but is made for smaller faces.

Hi Zambezi,

This problem comes up frequently and i always respond because i totally sympathize. It feels like i tried just about every mask out there and usually the ones that fit are always compromised solutions; i.e. they don't leak but they are very narrow in vision.

The one that works for me is the aforementioned X-Vision Mid. With all variables taken into consideration - fit for narrow face, large nose pocket (for me maybe not for you), comfort, and field of vision - this is by far the best mask i've found.

Another possibility is the Mares X-Stream which is very low volume but doesn't have very good field of vision; i use it as one of my two backups. The other backup is the Oceanic Shadow that DiveMaven recommended; good, but for me not as good as the X-Vision Mid.

Back
Top Bottom