SM Take 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that a Razor harness? That is the type of setup I've been thinking of putting together.
Yeah, it's a razor clone.

Here you can see it in action (I'm the one holding 2 video lights)-
Jug Hole Cave Diving on Vimeo

Tanks are a bit too high in the rear, but that's fixed by extending the bolt snap so they can drop down a tad (something I've done, but don't have updated video of).

My only compliant is that the shoulder straps "trap" gas from going one side to the other. I'm going to try swapping the nomad wing with a doughnut wing and see how that goes.

Jimi; how about driving down to cave country and borrowing equipment to try out? Then you know what you'll need.

:popcorn:
He'd be free to borrow my rig, and I know several shops have options for free rental if you're planning to purchase soon.

Yeah, it's a razor clone.

Here you can see it in action (I'm the one holding 2 video lights)-
Jug Hole Cave Diving on Vimeo

Tanks are a bit too high in the rear, but that's fixed by extending the bolt snap so they can drop down a tad (something I've done, but don't have updated video of).

My only compliant is that the shoulder straps "trap" gas from going one side to the other. I'm going to try swapping the nomad wing with a doughnut wing and see how that goes.

He'd be free to borrow my rig, and I know several shops have options for free rental if you're planning to purchase soon.
Nice video, thanks! I've not looked at the Nomad wing up close in real life. Can the loops that the harness goes through be relocated to the other side or a new set sewn on? That way the straps don't go over the wing trapping gas? Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate that. Did you make the harness? I've considered making my own, as I have access to an extensive machine shop here at work.

I use shock cord only tied in loops and attached to the d-rings on the under side of the wing. No twisting, they just loop over the valve handle. They hold the valves snug against me. I don't like the shock cord/bungees over the wing because I had it catch on low ceilings before. However, I did notice more wear on my wing without something there to hold it down so I added 2 inch webbing around the wing to keep it low profile and it works well for me. No more catching and the wing is much lower profile now.

However, I did notice more wear on my wing without something there to hold it down so I added 2 inch webbing around the wing to keep it low profile and it works well for me. No more catching and the wing is much lower profile now.

Do you have a picture of this?

Thank you,
Dwayne

This is the only photo I currently have -

sm%20mod%20video_0002.jpg

You can't really see the mod, but what you can see is how streamlined the rig is.

This is the only photo I currently have -

sm%20mod%20video_0002.jpg

You can't really see the mod, but what you can see is how streamlined the rig is.

:daydreaming:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom