SLS and Otter Creek Inn - Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisa_j

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A group of divers from Cape Cod made the annual trip to the St. Lawrence Seaway this past September. For some of us, it was the first trip, but for all of us it was a blast!!

We stayed at the Otter Creek Inn in Alexandria Bay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the owners and staff couldn't be more friendly. They always asked about our dives and they even put up with our tanks, coolers and wet dive gear "decorating" the porch outside of our rooms! We brought 3 boats and tied them on the Inn's private docks. Imagine how convenient it is to get up in the morning and hop right on the boat! I love being on my own schedule.
The Otter Creek Inn is very close to town, so a quick walk will bring you to Chez Paris for the perfect pre-dive breakfast, or any of the pizza restaurants or pubs for lunch of dinner. When we didn't feel like walking into town, we used the Inn's grill and had a cookout. Heading up to the Seaway? I suggest you stay here!

The diving was incredible. Water temps were in the high 60s in the beginning of the week but turned to the low 60s before we left. Doing about 2-3 dives a day, we visited the Keystorm, Vickery, America, Daryaw, the Islander and the King Horn. We enjoyed a "mandatory" cruise through the 1000 Islands every night before dinner and a few of us even took our boats over to tour the Boldt Castle.

It was a great time and we're already talking about next year. Maybe we'll see you!
-Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom