SLR or PaS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
1. ISO usablity at higher settings 800+ (guessing they are not that good because NO other camera using that sensor has been able to tackle the noise effectively).
2. Shutter lag INCLUDING focus speed (they boast a VERY low shutter lag, however shutter lag is NOT really the issue, rather aquiring focus)

Some good in focus shots, and comments on usability things like flash TTL (I assume it has TTL Flash), changing setting UW, and the overall experience would be great to see even if the photo's are not award winning.

Thanks,

Will do. I pick the camera up on 3/23 (I only got to see/touch the dealer's demo model). I chose it specifically because of the low shutter lag but am also curious if it can acquire focus as quickly as well.

Although I try not to shoot above ISO 400 and prefer 100 whenever possible, I'm also interested in seeing what noise I have at 800 and 1600 ISO.

I also liked that I could get a Lithium Ion battery for this rather than rely on rechargeable AAs. I also liked it's size with house - pretty small. I ordered a newer strobe setup for it - it's not even on the Sea&Sea website yet, but it's one I'll be able to use later with my Rebel if I choose to get a housing for it at a later date. I'll post the details on it when I get it - I pretty much bought it "sight unseen" and took my dealer's word for it.

I'll definitely post some pictures and give my opinion (I love giving my opinion, heehee).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom