sling bottle mounting on new harness >

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTwizted13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey guys, got my new hollis elite 2 harness, bp/w set up... i was test fitting my gear and noticed when i went to mount my pony bottle slinging it, the lower clip i clipped on the rear d-ring attached to the crotch strap, it keeps sliding as if its loose and not sercure. i double looped the fasteners so it shouldnt be sliding around, but it is.

is it really that big of an issue when diving? is there a way i can rig it to stay there and not slide around? any other mounting locations for it? Hollis_Backplate_Pkg-640.jpg

its the rear d ring on the crotch strap (kinda hidden in the picture). the harness and bp came pre assembled from the factory, i just had to tighten straps accordingly to my suites.

Why are you useing the D ring on the crotch strap and not the one on the waist strap on the side ? I would think that would work better and keep it lined up not crossing your body.

Yeah, you'll find the side d-ring on your waist strap will be easier for you. Especially if you need to remove the bottle during the dive. Also remember that you will be in a horizontal position in the water. The bottle should sit nicely under your arm.

I use the rear d-ring of the crotch strap for my reels.

There are as many ways to mount your Pony as there are mount points. I like mounting it on my primary tank. I use this for diving solo, or diving deep with an unknown buddy. Otherwise your buddy is your backup.

http://www.zeagle.com/showproduct/106/20-cu-ft-Pony-Bottle/

These are Zeagle options, but it gives one an idea.

i tried it with the side d-ring, didnt feel right, maybe because i was standing. not horizontal :p i feel as if there is too much of a gap between me and the bottle when mounted there (standing up) may be different in the water. just gotta get diving and trial and error with it

but thats not a bad idea about the reels on the rear d-ring crotch strap. ill give that a try next dive!

thanks for the quick responses guys!

How did you set up your bottle? How long are the leashes at the top and bottom. There should not be much difference standing or horizontal. If anything the bottle should be closer standing if the strap is set up properly. Who did you have set up or show you how to set up the bottle?

Try this configuration for the pony.

P7090229.jpg

You don't have to use the vintage double hose and J-valve.

Bob
-------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Yeah right, get a bp/w

Lat week a diver asked me if this was a Hollis

I said, "I don't want no hollis, I might sink."

You have too many D rings on your harness, but based on the picture I'd use the top left D-ring and the left hip D-ring (with the valve oriented inward).

Take a look at your equipment and anything you don't have an immediate and explicit need for - doesn't need to go into the water with you (even simple things like padding or extra mounting points).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom