Slideshow Music - Favourites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure many of us put together slideshows of our work, but what's your favourite soundtrack/music that you use?

I'm getting a bit fed up of using the same old ones for mine, but to get the ball rolling, here's my top three:-

1) Theme from American Beauty (chilled version)

2) Bedrock - Beautiful Strange

3) Telepopmusik - Breathe

Five for Fighting's 'Superman' is still my favourite for UW images...

I also am a big fan of Blue Rodeo and Great Big Sea (two Canadian bands) who have music very suitable for slideshows.

M

I'm very music stupid! The stuff I listen to on the car radio isn't exactly suited. I've never gotten into MP3's and don't have the foggiest notion how to find or download from the internet. So any particulars about artists and CD/song titles will help me tremendously.

I've never put on together myself... but I would think something soothing.
Maybe some Pink Floyd, Spirtualized, most things classical or jazz like Coltrane and/or Davis. But I guess it mainly depends on subject matter. If there are a lot of scenic blue shots then the above selections work, or if its more of a trip slide show it would be more upbeat with probably some songs that were memorable on the trip...
but again, never put on together so I could be totally off...

It was coincidental, but when I was in Yap I had to combine forces with a friend. I had the digicam and my laptop, but stupid me -- it was the first trip I'd taken with the new camera and I forgot the USB Cable! argh! Fortunately he had no camera, but for another reason he had a USB cable and *his* laptop, so it all worked out. Anyway, he did a slide show on his computer and had had the soundtrack to "Ulalena" (if you've been to the show on Maui, you'll know what I mean) and it was *perfect*. On the same lines, I'd imagine that anything from Cirque du Soleil would work well too.

chippy:
I'm sure many of us put together slideshows of our work, but what's your favourite soundtrack/music that you use?

I'm getting a bit fed up of using the same old ones for mine, but to get the ball rolling, here's my top three:-

1) Theme from American Beauty (chilled version)

2) Bedrock - Beautiful Strange

3) Telepopmusik - Breathe

Chippy -

I have loved the Telepopmusik "Breathe" as a song track to underwater photos/video... what could be more perfect??

:-D

Where do ya'll find this music? Or do you just buy the CD's?

Dee:
Where do ya'll find this music? Or do you just buy the CD's?

Without sounding like I'm condoning the peer to peer file sharing of music, which we all know is illlegal ( :wink: :wink: ) I always use Blubster

Once you downloaded the small program you can do the usual search by artist and/or title. I'd recommend only keeping the program open when downloading, rather than leaving it open in the background, as pop-ups can be a real pain in the $%!!

Other than that it works a treat!

KaZaa is another popular one. Morpheus is another. One that I have yet to use but is supposed to be AWESOME is called BitTorrent, this may be for larger files. If you do a search on Google you should be able to find the download links...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom