Skittles's Trip Review- December 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report! Sorry we missed you :( , but glad you had a great time!!

You went to early in the month!

I really hope we get to dive Cozumel again. 2014 is filled up though, maybe 2015...

We're hoping to be back in April-May :) Still doing pics and vids so I can do my very brief TR....LOL.

Thank you for the great, timely, trip report!! I've been dealing with the approach of winter and now winter by living vicariously through your adventure.

I'm just a regular Cozumel diver, not a dive pro, but Palancar Gardens followed by Columbia Shallows has to be the best "first ocean dives", or even "first dives of the trip" combination there is. Not surprised that this is where Alison took you. Some years ago I was in contact with her visa vie her online dive log. She's a great lady.

I'll be looking forward to reading the rest of your reporting. Really glad you had a great time! I'm a little jealous that cvchief got to be there to witness it, but I'll have some new divers with me in February so I just keep telling myself that. Does he do a margarita safety stop, or does he just shoot to the surface at El Moro? Hmmm.

Thanks again!!

-Blair

My signal for lion fish is demonstrated in my avatar.
It was funny watching him try to signal what it was- we have no idea what the signal for lionfish is. First he tried to show a mane around his head to me, then he punched at it, and we have this inside joke about how he wants to punch a dolphin, so I got really excited thinking there was a dolphin there! Finally, he went with a machine gun like signal, and Alison figured out what he was saying.

Makes me wish I back already. Hoping to be there or Roatan in May 2014! :)

The signal for lion fish that I know is putting your hands together, lace your fingers together and then wiggle them up and down.
lionfish.jpeg
Thanks for posting - great to read! Allison and Carlos sound top-notch.

The signal for lion fish that I know is putting your hands together, lace your fingers together and then wiggle them up and down.
View attachment 173787
Thanks for posting - great to read! Allison and Carlos sound top-notch.

Odd. That would make me look for a church full of people?

I was taught the Alex the Lion wave the paws thing like MMM.

As some others have said, it has been really great reading about your progress from the beginning of your scuba experience through this.

Back
Top Bottom