Skirting the Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good.. can't have you losing sleep at night worrying about me! :)

Don Burke:
With the uncertainty of the tables, trying this again could result in Type I DCS.

In fact, you may have taken a hit but are in denial about it.

Somethin-Fishey:
If you want more time GET A COMPUTER. I violate tables on EVERY dive, they are just not able to compensate for everything a computer can, but I do NOT violate my computer. By my third dive in 100FT with 32% nitrox, I can cut my surface interval by a third and still have twice the bottom time available with the best scenario afforded by the tables.

But I agree w/ UP.

Uncle Pug:
So much blind fear ~ so little understanding.

Some of you folks really need to stay out of the water altogether. Can't be too safe you know. :rolleyes:

Charlie99:
Which tables are those?

We IM'ed each other and then wrote them down on a napkin. They are secret. Sorry.

PerroneFord:
We IM'ed each other and then wrote them down on a napkin. They are secret. Sorry.
Next thing you know, he will ask you for the definition of a balanced rig.

JeffG:
Next thing you know, he will ask you for the definition of a balanced rig.

I think that's where you put a 63 on each side of your 130 to make sure it's counterbalanced. Valves down of course!

redhatmama:
I also agree with PF and it is apparent that you have indeed thought this problem through and for that I think you deserve a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Same here. Based on his response I think he was thinking clearly enough about deco theory to pull of a few seconds violation of a floor.

I wouldn't want him trying to do a dive with a maxdepth of 110 and a deep runtime of 35 mins by using depth averaging, but he wasn't going there.

PF may not agree with this advice: Get a computer to extend your bottom time. You would have known exactly where you stood as far as nitrogen loading and NDL minutes. You are truly limiting yourself with tables. There are many shops in places like Cozumel that won't let you dive without a computer. With 120 cf of Nitrox and a Coz fast 6-pack, you can make some interesting - and long - dives within your MOD and the computer is a valuable tool in executing those dives safely.

I think he should get a computer as well, but should dive it as backup to his brain. Check his own deco theory against the one in the computer, trust the more conservative one...

lamont:
Same here. Based on his response I think he was thinking clearly enough about deco theory to pull of a few seconds violation of a floor.

I wouldn't want him trying to do a dive with a maxdepth of 110 and a deep runtime of 35 mins by using depth averaging, but he wasn't going there.

I think he should get a computer as well, but should dive it as backup to his brain. Check his own deco theory against the one in the computer, trust the more conservative one...
Lamont, you should stop all this reasonable talk. This is a death and destruction thread. . .

Doc Intrepid:
This isn't a thread, its a sit-com...

And at some point, like Seinfeld and Cheers, it will come to an end, leaving a gaping hole in my evenings... Although right now it's more like the Simpsons - it's been on as long as I can remember, I usually only catch the reruns, and every now and then I'm happily surprised to find on a Sunday night that they're still crankin' 'em out... :D

Back
Top Bottom