size 14/15 feet need boots and fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bolantej

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello folks. I am new here, and planning on going for my OW class in the near future.

As the title states, I have some big 'ole feet, and need to find a reliable (easy returns, etc) online source for size 14/15 fins and boots. How does this work anyways, should I try for a larger sized fin to make up for the boot? I did a short search, but thought I would ask anyways to see if there was any recent info.

Thanks a bundle.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a size 14 foot and went with a Henderson boot and the Apollo Pro fin in an LL(XL). They both fit really well.

Turtles are about the biggest. A lot of people use them with dry suits etc. Leisure pro sells them. Since theres not a lot of warrenty issues with rubber fins, you're probally safe with LP.

khacken:
With feet that big, do you really need fins?

My wife asks me the same question and yes I still have to use fins. I could ditch them, if there was just a little more webbing between my toes. Big feet does make barefoot skiing better!

khacken:
With feet that big, do you really need fins?

With hammer toes it can make it hard to catch enough water. :wink: j/k

Leisure Pro: Are there issues with their returns/warrenty policy?

So, for the larger sized boots, did you have to get a larger fin? (ie 14 size boot=15 size fin)

Not the LP word! See Scubatoys website they are suppose to be a great online/LDS business. As for the fins, I found that certain XL sizes just didn't have enough room, but the Apollo fins have pleanty of room even for a "hard sole" boot. It all depends on the type of boot you are looking at.

AZ Desert Diver:
Not the LP word! See Scubatoys website they are suppose to be a great online/LDS business. As for the fins, I found that certain XL sizes just didn't have enough room, but the Apollo fins have pleanty of room even for a "hard sole" boot. It all depends on the type of boot you are looking at.

Okay, I'll check out Scubatoys. What's the big difference between which boot and what is preferred? Do most jog or something afterwards? Are the soft sole boots not suitable for small treks from dive sites?

I have size 17 feet and dive with a pair of aqualung blades and 5mil boots, try to avoid the boots with molded soles the ones that have the smaller soles seem to work better for me. hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom