SiTech Ovals and Quick Neck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I'll be the voice of opposition here. I have the both the oval-Antares glove system and the quick neck system on my suit and I like them both. In reality I can't say too much about the quick neck because I've never had to change the seal, but I do not find the installed portion to be restrictive or uncomfortable. This is the 1st gen system as well which is much more ridged than the version they currently use.

With respect to the oval antares, I have really enjoyed using this system on my suit. I personally find it much easier to don the suit and check neck seals without the cumbersome gloves on my hands. Admittedly this system sucked at first but that was due to issues connecting the gloves when wearing a heavy undersuit. SiTech fixed this problem with an add-on bracket and I have never had an issue since. The oval rings are not going to work for those who have really big hands, but I'm a pretty big dude and have had no problems to date.

At the end of the day, whatever works for you is what you should use. I find these systems work great for me but your millage may vary. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom