Sitech Necktite Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

I would like to know if any other Sitech Necktite users have experienced this issue.

Since being introduced, the Sitech Necktite sold through various OEMs such as Waterproof have undergone a number of iterations. The original model manufactured is known for its rigidity. There have been some posts concerning this. Over the last couple of years, Sitech has changed the profile of the ring resulting in a more flexible product. The dimension of the yellow insert ring has also changed.

In the last one that we ordered from Waterproof, we have discovered that the outer ring may have been changed again with respect to the profile / material resulting in an even more flexible product. The problem is that the ring can now partially invert releasing sections of the yellow inner ring and the accompanying neck seal.

Having made hundreds of dives in drysuits with this system including tens of neck seal changes and a number of installations on drysuits, I am certain that I am aware of how to install and use this system. Up until last night, I have been very happy with the system and was in the process of converting all of our drysuits to the necktite.

Last night, on a freshly installed system, I was doing a behind the back regulator recover exercise and the inner ring partially popped out flooding the drysuit. Back at the shop, I repeatedly installed the seal and was able to consistently pop out the inner ring by pulling on the neck seal. Obviously this was not a crisis in this situation, but could easily be had the dive been in cold or deep water rather than a pool.

So, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hello:

I would like to know if any other Sitech Necktite users have experienced this issue.

Since being introduced, the Sitech Necktite sold through various OEMs such as Waterproof have undergone a number of iterations. The original model manufactured is known for its rigidity. There have been some posts concerning this. Over the last couple of years, Sitech has changed the profile of the ring resulting in a more flexible product. The dimension of the yellow insert ring has also changed.

In the last one that we ordered from Waterproof, we have discovered that the outer ring may have been changed again with respect to the profile / material resulting in an even more flexible product. The problem is that the ring can now partially invert releasing sections of the yellow inner ring and the accompanying neck seal.

Having made hundreds of dives in drysuits with this system including tens of neck seal changes and a number of installations on drysuits, I am certain that I am aware of how to install and use this system. Up until last night, I have been very happy with the system and was in the process of converting all of our drysuits to the necktite.

Last night, on a freshly installed system, I was doing a behind the back regulator recover exercise and the inner ring partially popped out flooding the drysuit. Back at the shop, I repeatedly installed the seal and was able to consistently pop out the inner ring by pulling on the neck seal. Obviously this was not a crisis in this situation, but could easily be had the dive been in cold or deep water rather than a pool.

So, has anyone else experienced this problem?

We get them straight from Si Tech, they build them on demand (don't stock them). We have the most current version, and they haven't changed in about a year +. I wonder if Waterproof buys thousands at a time, and just took awhile to get rid of them....and now have caught up and have a latest version. We have never had any issues with them popping out.

A buddy of mine just ordered a Fusion with the SLT system. It will be interesting to see the differences in his and my neck rings as mine is a little over two years old.

A buddy of mine just ordered a Fusion with the SLT system. It will be interesting to see the differences in his and my neck rings as mine is a little over two years old.
Keep us posted on that. I'd give the system another try if the neck ring has gotten more flexible.

Keep us posted on that. I'd give the system another try if the neck ring has gotten more flexible.

He had his new suit last night(just arrived from this great little dive shop in the mid west:wink:) but I totally spaced the neck ring. Next time I see him I will have to check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom