SiTech Neck Ring on Whites Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the Neck Tite system installed in my Fusion when the suit was new, but the neck ring was just too stiff for me. So I had DRIS remove the Neck Tite and replace it with a conventional latex neck seal. I can't tell for sure just by looking, but not sure why another ring system couldn't be fitted to replace the conventional neck seal, there seems to be enough material. I might try the Quick Neck system someday when I need to replace the current seal. Maybe DRIS will comment on what's possible here.

+1 For DRIS and their knowledgeable staff with the Fusion drysuits. I found the necktite system uncomfortable and was actually having some issues with leakage during the dive. I also had DRIS replace the necktite seal with a latex seal and trimmed it properly for fit. No more issues with leaks and it isn't as uncomfortable with the proper trim and fit. If I recall correctly, there are multiple sizes for the neck seals, so it may be possible to try a size up if that may be a little more comfortable and still provide a good seal.

These is a bit of info in this post/thread. Silicone neck seal repair

I have not use the Necktite but I have fitted the Quickneck as a replacement for a standard seal. The questions will be:
1) what is inside/outside diameter of the Necktite glue surface, and is this larger than the Quickneck?
2) can you unglue the Necktite?

The Quick Neck has a glue surface about 240mm diameter (hole cut in suit) and the outside of the glue flange is about 280mm.

Looks like both are pretty much the same size (Quickneck on left, Necktite on right):
upload_2016-11-9_7-48-44.png

I had the necktite on my whites fusion, and have the quickneck on my new 4th element. The discomfort of the necktite on the whites is part of what had me shopping for a new suit. The quickneck on the new suit is immeasurably more comfortable for me. I do think, though, that the zipper setup on the whites does not help the comfort there, either, but I think the new version of the neck seal will be an improvement no matter what suit you are using.

Back
Top Bottom