Sitech modular boot system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

Has anyone used the Sitech modular boot system? The part number is 60479. This is the system that affixes to the leg and allows different boots to be attached to the flange.

I have acquired a set of these boot rings. They will be installed on a pair of Sperry Figawi's on one end and a Bare trilam tech dry on the other. My plan is to use dry adhesive tape as the primary method to secure the boots and rubber tape and contact cement as the secondary method.

I will post the results when it is done.

For archival purposes.

The fit of the boot rings on the boots is more complicated that I originally thought. The installation requires consideration of the following:

The dimenensions of your lower leg
The dimensions of the boot
The dimensions of the boot ring.
The dimension of the lower leg of the dry suit.

You have to install the ring low enough on the boot that it will not squeeze your calve. If the boot taper to the foot is too small in comparison to the boot ring, you have to add a v shaped wedge of material to the boot complicating the installation. You obviously cannot alter the boot ring.

The top two inches of a Sperry Figawi boot was cut off and another inch of the liner was removed. In this installation, the ring was installed inside of the top of the boot. I used a double wrap of dry film adhesive tape around the outer surface of the boot ring and McNett's seal cement on the inside of the boot. With a bit of stretching, the new boot top fits inside the ring. Care must be given not to dislodge the dry adhesive from around the boot ring when stretching the boot over the ring. Heat with a heat gun completed the installation. So far, it appears very secure. I will be making it more water tight with Aquaseal or 3M 5200. I have not yet done any leak tests.

I will post my experience of installing the suit side rings as I reach that stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom