sinking of a submirne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super opus

Contributor
Reaction score
this was posted in so-cal but i feel all might like it so i coped and pasted this for you guys to see

To all concerned Divers,

We are trying to sink a submarine that was donated by the US Navy.
January 13, 2007, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunken Treasures Society of Los Angeles
335 North RD Street, Burbank, CA 91502
The USS Sailfish is a decommissioned Submarine. The US Navy says it will let us use it as an artificial reef for LA's new proposed wreck alley.
We need your Help ! Come to the meeting and help us. This will be a dive able wreck. Wanna go down ?
Come to Burbank on Saturday
As decided at our last STSLA on-line meeting, we are holding the first meeting of the year for the newly elected board and members in Burbank starting at 10:00 a.m. on January the 13th. This is a vitally important meeting and we are having some very important guests including Dick Long, the founder of DUI and the force behind the sinking of the Yukon in San Diego.

Sunken Treasures Society of Los Angeles
335 North Third Street - Burbank, CA 91502

its a Petty good size sub click here for the link
when i find out more i be glad to post it if there are interested people

This sounds fantastic.
My only quirk is I am in Australia but this is something I would dive when in LA.

Do you have anymore info on the proposed wreck alley for LA?
Or would it be in the California thread?

I do hope your successful in your endeavour as I know a lot of divers would love this.

Any update on this? I've heard some different rumors, and I dont' know what is true. I heard that the sub was switched out for 2 destroyers...etc.

I am very interested in finding out more on this, and also possibly being involved in trying to get it sunk, if it is not already.

sinking a sub all you do is fill its watter tank and leave the hatch open and down it goes... only thing is its not that safe to enter as i have been in a sub befor and its small i cant imagine someone going in with dive gear..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom