Sink the Stink Questions?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good results with Woolite also.

Thanks for the replies. I dive in Lake Ouachita in Arkansas and although a pretty good lake, it can leave a suit a little on the unpleasant side. I'll try some of the suggestions here and see which works best for me.

Thanks.

The faster stuff gets dry the less smell is another factor.

If stuff just stays damp for a long time, it can get prety ripe.

I loaned my thin tropical hood out to a friends uncle for snorkling and I got it back two days later still wet. Yikes did it reek!

Being that it was only strechy nylon, I just used a bar of ivory soap and scrubbed it then rinsed well and hung up - no more stink.

I tend to urinate on my wetsuit after every dive, I find the fragrance gives the suit a territorial feeling. Kinda like how Tigers in the wild pee all over the place to mark their territory...well I pee on my wetsuit to claim it. Although, I guess a permanent marker might do that too. :/

jepuskar wrote...
I tend to urinate on my wetsuit after every dive, I find the fragrance gives the suit a territorial feeling. Kinda like how Tigers in the wild pee all over the place to mark their territory...well I pee on my wetsuit to claim it. Although, I guess a permanent marker might do that too. :/
Hey, don't forget your hood too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom