Sink the Stink Questions?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
This may be the wrong place for this but I wanted to ask you guys about "Sink the Stink"!!!!

Are there any home made recepies for "Sink the Stink"? I have several on defogger, but it would be VERY nice to be able to get a homemader for this too.

You won't need sink the stink if you rinse your suit in fresh water and hang it to dry after every use and you stop peeing in it.

Walter once bubbled...
You won't need sink the stink if you rinse your suit in fresh water and hang it to dry after every use and you stop peeing in it.

What do we do if we can only manage one of the two options?
:wink:

Marc :jester:

Depends on which option. If you continue to pee in your suit, you'll continue to have a stinking suit. If you negelect to rinse and dry after each dive, do it as often as possible.

Walter wrote...
Sorry, Walter, but that "ain't necessarily so". Some freshwater sites leave behind a certain perfume...even on drysuit divers.

Try any antibacterial soap. Or steal lots of those free packets that dive shops are always giving out ("Your total comes to 1346.39, and, what the hell, I'll throw in a sample of sink-the-stink.")

brandon

Listerine is good. Use it in about the same proportions as STS.

metridium once bubbled...

Sorry, Walter, but that "ain't necessarily so". Some freshwater sites leave behind a certain perfume...even on drysuit divers.

Diving in high flow freshwater springs/rivers is apparently different than diving in freshwater lakes/quarries. Even batting 3 for 3 in my neck of the woods your suit is going to end up smelling unpleasantly organic unless you take more aggressive action than a simple rinse.

I don't dive wet much anymore, but when I do the suit gets power-washed at the U-Do-It car wash on the way home and then soaked in some Woolite in the bathtub before rinsing and drying. Seems to work just fine. The same treatment (minus the power-wash) does a spiffy job on the drysuit when it gets that too much sweat smell going, too.

Steven

My feet, socks and shoes don't stink. I don't have a foot stink problem, and my wetsuit never stinks. The only problem I have is that while my scuba booties are drying, they stink. I just turn them inside out for drying and problem solved. I agree that proper rinsing is the solution... unless one has other probs.

My hood, gloves, and drysuit pockets have become a bit "fragrant" after my last couple of no-flow - in either sense :wink: - freshwater dives. It's not a case or sweat or other bodily fluids....hope so anyway!

My fins stink too, but that's okay. They're Turtles; they're supposed to. :D

Back
Top Bottom