Single-Trip Lionfish Tournament- Jan 30th- Emerald Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Deep 6 Stuart and Deep 6 Jensen are teaming up with Randy of Emerald Charters out of Jupiter to hold our First ever
Single-trip Lionfish Tournament! :gun:
Its simple, here's how it works:

Divers on the Sunday Jan 30th trip will have three dives to enter lionfish in the following three categories:
  • Largest
  • Smallest
  • and Most lionfish

Prizes include-
  • Free dives on the Emerald
  • 50 air or 20 nitrox fill cards (take your pick)
  • Door prizes
  • bragging rights

Questions? Fire away

fine print: you can only win once, ie, cannot sweep all three categories

Attachments

• lionfish thournament.jpg
    lionfish thournament.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 75
Deep 6 Stuart and Deep 6 Jensen are teaming up with Randy of Emerald Charters out of Jupiter to hold our First ever
Single-trip Lionfish Tournament! :gun:
Its simple, here's how it works:

Divers on the Sunday Jan 30th trip will have three dives to enter lionfish in the following three categories:
  • Largest
  • Smallest
  • and Most lionfish

Prizes include-
  • Free dives on the Emerald
  • 50 air or 20 nitrox fill cards (take your pick)
  • Door prizes
  • bragging rights

Questions? Fire away

fine print: you can only win once, ie, cannot sweep all three categories

I killed 10 LION FISH on Friday while out with Captain Randy Jordan on the Emerald Charters boat.
I hunted them on 2 of the 3 dives.
Chug
The fight continues....
I use the little "Liontamer" at this time.

Wow I wish i had one of those outfits! Chug was on fire with the Lionfish! Are you getting your share. Tell your shop to call me and I will hold a seminar for them to include Safe handling, History , Phsiology Hunting Cleaning and best of all...Eating. Tell them to call Randy Lion Tamer at 561 248 8332 or randy@liontamerusa.com Visit lion fish liontamer for some recipes and other good info! Thank you.

Wow I wish i had one of those outfits! Chug was on fire with the Lionfish! Are you getting your share. Tell your shop to call me and I will hold a seminar for them to include Safe handling, History , Phsiology Hunting Cleaning and best of all...Eating. Tell them to call Randy Lion Tamer at 561 248 8332 or randy@liontamerusa.com Visit lion fish liontamer for some recipes and other good info! Thank you.

I was at your seminar during the Florida Dive Show in WPB. It was good stuff! It would have been better if you wore the outfit however. :D

Check it out- Figured out a tamer-railgun mount the other day. Used two 1" pieces of 1/2" surgical tubing mounted 12-18" apart. it holds the liontamer perfectly- The tube pieces are mounted with, what else? duck tape. The thickness of one wrap around the barrel doesn't effect the spear at all.

Attachments

• PICT0051.jpg
    PICT0051.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 31
  • PICT0054.jpg
    PICT0054.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT0055.jpg
    PICT0055.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 28
  • PICT0056.jpg
    PICT0056.jpg