Followup: Jupiter Lionfish Tourney 6/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Quick Followup Report for new ScubaBoard member @chickenwarrior and others who wanted to know what it was like to dive the Lionfish Cleanup in Jupiter yesterday discussed here:
Any private divers in West Palm or Jensen Beach spearfishing 6/19-6/26?

Incredible and PROFITABLE Jupiter lionfish tournament!! Sweet 78-80 degree teeshirt diving with 80ft of viz and gliding no kick current. At the Friday pre-dive meeting met so many divers and all on private boats, no charters. Our group picked up prizes for Most, Smallest and we Sold our catch for just about $1000 total. Got paid to have fun, clean up the ocean and go diving!! Great marina location complete with whizzing fast golf carts to carry you and your gear from the parked car right up to the party tents, no walking!.

20190622_173716-jpg.525717.jpg

The water front venue with live band, swimming pool, free dinner buffet and free drink tickets was so good. But it's all the families and fun. Couple of families now want us to go on their boat to teach them too. Everyone was playing in the bar's pool !

20190622_173626-jpg.525718.jpg

We netted a small live one, put it in a clear bubbler bucket on our table and every family's kids and even the chef stopped by to see it and take pictures. Lil kids named it " SPIKEY' . We taught a lot of new divers (& landsiders) about lionfish and the teen's instagram accounts were blowing up with pictures/videos.

20190622_160453-jpg.525716.jpg

@chickenwarrior , Very sorry we missed you. Even had a boat ask me on Friday who needed extra divers that I could have put you on. Maybe next year we can help pay for your vacation ! Back to regular diving next weekend for me. #LuvScubaBoardDivers

20190622_160453.jpg 20190622_173716.jpg 20190622_173626.jpg

Would love to make next years event and would have this weekend but I had my Cert dives for Navigation and Night/Limited Vis this weekend

excellent work and great write up...thanks for sharing...

.. Someday, I'll find you again :)
My regular team is working mini-season, so I'm on the 3 tanker morning lobster trips on JDC both 7/24 & 7/25.
I've got a new recipe that I just tested on my team and they LOVE IT so I'm bringing that one of the days, then kabobs the other day.
Because of all the lionfish we shoot, I have a special FWC "GET-OUTTA-JAIL-COIN" for going over the catch limit !! Now gotta bribe the captain with good food to drop us on some monster lobsters spots I know about !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom