Single or double Valves - Emperor Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy_W

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All ,

We will be heading to the deep south in May on the Emperor Elite, it will be our 1st LOB and we are looking forward to it enthusiastically.

I normally dive with a double manifold as I dive twins and as such I have 2 first stages, I will be diving with a 15l in Egypt but I have noticed from many of the online videos that most of the bottles only seem to have 1 valve , is this normal ? It's not a major problem as the ATX 200 has enough outputs that I can bundle my hoses on the same regulator.. I would just prefer to prepare it in advance rather than being caught out on the boat at the last minute.

Cheers

It would be safe to assume that all of the cylinders have a single valve. Did you ask theoperator?

I did only day trips off one of the Emperor boats out of Port Ghalib, all were single valve

I'm sure they can accommodate doubles for you. If your diving singles, then, I would configure the hoses for one first stage.

I would be shocked if they weren't able to accommodate your need for a set of manifolded tanks. We use King Snefro and for an additional 90 euros or so they will get one for you. However, this year, I think I will do independent backmount doubles.

I did encounter a problem though getting out of the water by myself with the extra weight. The handhold for the last step was too low and they had to help me out onto the deck. Since all hands come to the dive deck to recover the divers that was never an issue.

It was really nice not having to worry about my gas consumption at all during the trip.

On the May 19th outing? If so, I look forward to meeting ya'. I'm doing back to back trips with them, starting on the 19th. They had been extremely responsive to my emails throughout the booking process, so I'd definitely recommend dropping them a line.

On the May 19th outing? If so, I look forward to meeting ya'. I'm doing back to back trips with them, starting on the 19th. They had been extremely responsive to my emails throughout the booking process, so I'd definitely recommend dropping them a line.

Yes, it's the 19th of May outing. We have booked a couple of days in a hotel near Marsa either side of the boat-trip dates in order to relax before and after due to the fact that we are flying into and out of Hurghada, which means that we have 350Km by minibus in order to get to Port Ghalib :eek:
The hotel will also allow us to do a couple of dives in advance, check dive for determining weights etc beforehand :)
We are really looking forward to is as it's our first LOB. It will be great to meet up with you there. Are you flying out from Texas ?

The minibus trip from Hurghada down to Port Ghalib isn’t too bad any more. Most of the road is fairly new and generally quite fast. As long as you aren’t too squashed in the mini bus you shouldn’t find the journey fairly relaxing.

Yes, it's the 19th of May outing. We have booked a couple of days in a hotel near Marsa either side of the boat-trip dates in order to relax before and after due to the fact that we are flying into and out of Hurghada, which means that we have 350Km by minibus in order to get to Port Ghalib :eek:
The hotel will also allow us to do a couple of dives in advance, check dive for determining weights etc beforehand :)
We are really looking forward to is as it's our first LOB. It will be great to meet up with you there. Are you flying out from Texas ?
I'm flying from Texas to Washington DC so I can fly the new Egypt Air business class to Cairo and spend a day there. I then fly to Hurghada the next morning. I had Emperor arrange my transfer to the boat from Hurghada.

How was your B2B on the boat? We are looking at one in fall ‘23. Interested in the good, the bad, and the OK thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom