Single malt Scotch (Islay) afficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
alright ... Phase I of "Operation Excuse to Drink" is now officially over.

i have gone out and sampled quite a few single malts, sort of getting a feel for
what's out there. these are the malts:

i see a lot of cash spent in my future

One that is not on your list and that gives (IMHO) a good taste for the price is Glenkinchie.

oh great!

another one on the list

:wink:

and now, a serious moment:

Lagavulin 16:

oh ... my .... God...

this thing is a peat fire in a bottle ... what a great, warm finish

i think this would be the perfect drink if it didn't assault your throat so much

H2Andy:
o

Lagavulin 16:

oh ... my .... God...

i think this would be the perfect drink if it didn't assault your throat so much

When I drink that, my wife can smell it from across the room, and she usually comments on the fact that I am drinking the "compost water" again.

H2Andy:
oh great!

another one on the list

and now, a serious moment:

Lagavulin 16:

oh ... my .... God...

:confused:

You have not tried Ardbeg, have you?

If you dinna like the Lagavulin, send it to me :D

oh, no... i love the lagavulin ... it's about 95% perfect... it'd BE perfect if it didn't
have such a burning palate ... still, very very good

alright ... back for another report. this was my birthday's Balvenie 15, Single Barrel

indeed, very nice. a slight peppery nose, with some honey. the palate is FULL pepper and very dry (very neat feeling on the tongue) that drowns out everything. the finish is long, warm, tingly, and again the honey comes back once the pepper subsides enough.

i love it. excellent, full malt

hmmm... i think i can taste a little bit of expresso coffee bean as well, without water.

it goes away with water

H2Andy:
alright ... back for another report. this was my birthday's Balvenie 15, Single Barrel

indeed, very nice. a slight peppery nose, with some honey. the palate is FULL pepper and very dry (very neat feeling on the tongue) that drowns out everything. the finish is long, warm, tingly, and again the honey comes back once the pepper subsides enough.

hmmm... i think i can taste a little bit of expresso coffee bean as well, without water.

it goes away with water

What a fine way to celebrate your birthday. :D

H2Andy:

it goes away with water

Happen to have one of those in the next room. Hmmmm.

oh man, lucky you

and lucky me ... my sister, not to be outdone by my mom, sent me a bottle of Laphroaig 10 ... it's my second bottle, and i love it this time around as much as i loved it the first time

ah, that's proper single malt, that is

I have to say Laphroaig 10 yr is my favorite, followed shortly behind by the Balvenie 12 yr double wood.

And of course nothing goes together quite like a single malt and a good maduro cigar...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom