Single malt Scotch (Islay) afficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, oh man.

I bought a bottle for to celebrate my new job, because my wife likes "Bunna" more than the others, to enjoy during the evenings at www.NHSCOT.Org Loon Mt. Highland Games.

Man, oh man.

You "gots" to try it.

i've had the 12, not a slouch

would love to try the 18

H2Andy:
i've had the 12, not a slouch

would love to try the 18

I'd offer a taste but you are there, I am here (so is the whisky) and technically it's my wife's.

hahahaha, thanks.... but it wasn't a hint =)

Last weekend's results:
  • Inchgower, Highlands, 12yo, 40%
  • Ben Nevis, Mid-Highlands, 15yo, 46%
  • Dalmore, Speyside, 12yo, 40%
  • Glen Keith, Highlands, 10yo, 43%
  • Laphroaig, Islay, 10yo, 43%
  • Glenfarclas, Speyside, 10yo, 60%
Anybody else had a good weekend? :D

i've had a few good weeks...

i have currently:

Caol Ila 18
Laphroaig 10
the Balvenie Single Barrel 15
Cragganmore 12

all excellent whiskys

(but i'm trying to take it easy budget-wise)

My whisky buying days are over for a while. I have enough on hand to keep me busy for a while. My next "never tried it" purchase will be Laphroaig 15.

Almost finished with the Auchentoshan. It's surprisingly very nice.
My wife is still enjoying the Bunnahabhain 18.

Unopened in the cellar are Scapa (14), Old Pulteny (12?), Bruichladdich (15) and Bowmore (12?).

Open in the cellar are Ardbeg (10), Laphroaig (QC), Lagavulin (16), Caol Ila (12), Bunnahabhain (12?).

Finished are Caol Ila (18), Laphroaig (10 and CS), The MacAllan, Highland Park, Talisker, Oban, a couple of small bottles of Balvenie, McClelland (a young Bowmore), Glenlivet, Bruichladdich (not 15)

got a bottle of Tobermory 10 on a whim (cheap at ABC Liquors -- $24.00) and was nicely surprised

it is a light, palatable and refreshing malt, with just light peat and some sweet stuff in it (maybe weak coffee?).

it's rather smooth, and the finish is pretty neat, with light warmth on the tongue and a bit more sweetness coming out ...

if anything, the only thing i don't like about it is that "weak coffee" flavor that seems to be too sweet at times

but for $24, real nice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom