Singapore Transit Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone have any experience transiting in the Changi Transit Hotel in Singapore? I have a 24 hour layover between flights. I was looking at the Transit Hotel (inside the airport) or the Crowne Plaza outside.

Does anyone have any experience transiting in the Changi Transit Hotel in Singapore? I have a 24 hour layover between flights. I was looking at the Transit Hotel (inside the airport) or the Crowne Plaza outside.
Why not just play in the airport for 12 hours and find one of those sleeping lounges? I've never been but goggle-viewed the sh*t out of it in preparation for our layover in August. You have to hunt but they look do-able. Or you could plow through the 24-hours and put yourself back on EST.

Did you know there is a three-story tube slide free if you show a receipt for spending $10 in the airport?

I
I stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza in December as I had a 17 hour layover on my way to Jakarta/Sorong. It’s a very nice hotel and, although it’s technically “outside”, the Crowne Plaza is physically inside the terminal and It’s really easy to move to the “inside”. Also, it’s right next to the Jewel which was cool to check out - lots of good eats there!

Changi is an incredible airport - very efficient to move thorough with security at each departure gate. Quite the contrast to Terminal B in Newark that I flew out of with Singapore Airlines on my way there - that terminal is an embarrassment!

You will need to go through immigration and get the electronic Arrival card and QR code to scan if you go “outside” - but it’s all easy and immigration was automated kiosks - super quick and no lines when I was there!

SG Arrival Card (SGAC) with Electronic Health Declaration

Why not just play in the airport for 12 hours and find one of those sleeping lounges? I've never been but goggle-viewed the sh*t out of it in preparation for our layover in August. You have to hunt but they look do-able. Or you could plow through the 24-hours and put yourself back on EST.

Did you know there is a three-story tube slide free if you show a receipt for spending $10 in the airport?
I recall sleeping on the floor--does that count? Both trips in which we transited Singapore we didn't bother with a hotel, given the weird hours and relatively short stopover. We arrived in the morning, headed out to the city, ate and drank, then came back and slept on the floor until it was time for our flight. I don't recommend it. There was also something inconvenient about the airport transit hotel that I can't recall--maybe because we were changing airlines and had to re-check in anyway?

Tha
I stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza in December as I had a 17 hour layover on my way to Jakarta/Sorong. It’s a very nice hotel and, although it’s technically “outside”, the Crowne Plaza is physically inside the terminal and It’s really easy to move to the “inside”. Also, it’s right next to the Jewel which was cool to check out - lots of good eats there!

Changi is an incredible airport - very efficient to move thorough with security at each departure gate. Quite the contrast to Terminal B in Newark that I flew out of with Singapore Airlines on my way there - that terminal is an embarrassment!

You will need to go through immigration and get the electronic Arrival card and QR code to scan if you go “outside” - but it’s all easy and immigration was automated kiosks - super quick and no lines when I was there!

SG Arrival Card (SGAC) with Electronic Health Declaration
Thanks for the great advice. That’s exactly what I was looking for. The transit hotel is really intended for 6 hour stays. Tiny rooms with shared bathrooms down the hall. Also quite expensive - I just booked the Crowne Plaza.

I've stayed in the Crowne Plaza. Quite nice, and quite easy to do.
I too skipped the Transit hotel, except once...ugh.

Tha
Thanks for the great advice. That’s exactly what I was looking for. The transit hotel is really intended for 6 hour stays. Tiny rooms with shared bathrooms down the hall. Also quite expensive - I just booked the Crowne Plaza.
Rooms are very nice and the included breakfast buffet was good too!

Definitely get into the city for sunset / dinner. Singapore is such a stunning city especially around Marina Bay at night.

Agree with this comment. I fly through Singapore all the time, if you have a 24hr layover go into town stretch you legs walk around, lots to see, and even more to eat. Singapore is a beautiful city worth seeing. Even when I only have 8hr layovers I always run into town for amazing food and to brake up the long flights.

Just use agoda/booking/hotels.com to find a place in your budge range to crash for the night.

Also another travel hack. Singapore has a tourist travel card you can get in the airport for $20 SGD (about $15 USD) that gives you unlimited rides on the MRT, LRT, and buses for 24hr.

Agree with this comment. I fly through Singapore all the time, if you have a 24hr layover go into town stretch you legs walk around, lots to see, and even more to eat. Singapore is a beautiful city worth seeing. Even when I only have 8hr layovers I always run into town for amazing food and to brake up the long flights.

Just use agoda/booking/hotels.com to find a place in your budge range to crash for the night.

Also another travel hack. Singapore has a tourist travel card you can get in the airport for $20 SGD (about $15 USD) that gives you unlimited rides on the MRT, LRT, and buses for 24hr.
THanks for the hack. Going in April. With Scoot's new Monday MDC route we can spend 27 hours in SIN as opposed to 10 and then a flight to Jakarta. Staying at the Crowne Plaza and really looking forward to exploring the city for a day and evening

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom