Singapore Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like to wished you an enjoyable trip.

There are about 2 Project Aware happening at about the same weekend at Tioman & Aur. Both are vivying for some sort of entry into the Malaysian Book of records.

Me ? I will be doing the 3 Nations Charity Bike Ride to Trang, Thailand. Unfortunately, the schedule & my leave & the limited luaggage space on my humble bike, would not allow a 3D/2 N trip on the LOB off Trang. Really missed that opportunity.

wat is this project aware about ah? sorry... but i just started diving... so i'm not really sure...

sinners once bubbled...
Hi All,

Anyone interested in going to the above 18 to 21 September 2003?

There is a PDF dile that has all the details which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.sinners.com.sg/Diving/FiNS_Tioman_PhotoShoot.pdf

Cheers!
Alrick

Was planning on going but it now clashes with my trip to Sipadan, and I'm much more excited about that trip than taking photos. Enjoy

Ok, now you got me...
So how much you paying?
I am very interested too!

blackice once bubbled...

Was planning on going but it now clashes with my trip to Sipadan, and I'm much more excited about that trip than taking photos. Enjoy

Not 100% sure on the cost - paid $100 to reserve a place for the week, but since then I 've email most of the resorts there and have a range of prices.

I'm guessing that it could be around $1700 sing, depends on the airfare. Does that sound about right? Have you been there? If what did it cost you?

We are planning on staying at the Water Village. Think we reserved 10-12 places for the week. We tend to do groups - the last place we went was Manado last month.

From my experience on a DIY basis :

Airfare via Senai A/P is about RM800
- Senai-KK-Tawau

Diving - Rm380/day x 6 days - 5Nights - 3 boat dive & unlimited shore dive (cheongsters did up to 6 dives a day)- full board

Staying at Borneo Divers - the original resort & drop off point *

Overnight in KK for transit stop - RM60/room/night x 2 nights.

My trip lasted 11 days, includes the above, river rafting, 2D/1N climbing Mt Kinabaru, 1 day lepak (lazing around) TAR Marine park, just to degass for the Mt climb.

Some packages offered here at S$1500 but for 4 nights of diving and stays at a cheaper resort.

* drop off point. Important thing to note. Borneo's drop off point is used by all other resort in the area. It is just in front of their "dive shop" where your gears are stored & you gear up. The others you need to walk a long way to this point. Esp in low tide, muahhhaaahhhaaa....

do you mean everyone dives from Borneo Divers and even if you stay at the water village you have to walk over to go diving ?

I stayed with Pulau Sipadan Resort which i booked through leeway aquatic in singapore. Was S$1900 inc meals and flights via senai and all transefers, and we paid an extra S$190 for biz class (so nice). Our package was 3 night sipadan, 4 nights kapalai (so did 4 days diving at sipadan then went over).

PSR is also on the drop off, they have a line from the beach over to the DO and it is not far at all, you enter water in front of shop swim out and by the time you have checked all your gauges you are over drop off. PSR is to the right of Borneo divers as you look at the island. Guides were good, food the usual (watch the chilli), all went smoothly. PSR is also the resort where the hostages were taken from, but dont let that put you off, good for pose value!!!!!

I sent e mails to all the resorts on island and PSR had the best price and also gave best responce, Borneo divers did not respond to any of my e mails, well one but that was to put me in touch with Sangalaki so not much help was it. Personally i think they are living off there reputation

Back
Top Bottom