Since I can't go diving for a while

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbichsel:
Just as beautiful as I remember it from last summer. If and when we get back, Justleesa, would you mind being a dive guide?
:D If I'm here and not in school or work...Sure :wink:

Scubakevdm:
I bodysurfed on Mc Donald's trays there lots while I was supposed to be going to college.
At the movies they even advertise with being able to go surfing or fishing and still have time to catch a class and study... :eyebrow: Now tell me about the trays, are they that buoyant and are they big enough??

justleesa:
At the movies they even advertise with being able to go surfing or fishing and still have time to catch a class and study... :eyebrow: Now tell me about the trays, are they that buoyant and are they big enough??

Hmmm.... that's odd, I only had time to surf. The trays are slightly negative, but provide a nice flat surface on which to plane. A short side of the rectangle should be grasped firmly in the riders dominant hand. The forearm runs the length of the tray. To steer you carve with the tray. You need a pair of "Duck Feet" to go fast enough. If you live in Hawaii, you should own them anyway. They're little tiny fins. Where you took the pictures (Makapuu?) has an excellent shore break, but be careful not to go "over the falls" and become planted head first in the beach. I did this. Before any body surfing adventure can begin at least three Leonard's Malasadas must be consumed by each participant. They provide a special kind of body surfing energy. Some call it intestinal gas, we called it 'dakine... turbo.
If you go very far out towards Rabbit Island you may discover lots of current and some very large fish with very pointy teeth. Also, just as an aside... I seem to remember hearing that Rabbit Island was the island they used in the opening sequence for Gilligan's Island. I don't remember the source of that tib-bit and it may not be true. Nevertheless, it is interesting. Thanks for the pics and the memories!

Wow! amazing shots

I heard Rabbit Island was a favorite of the striped gray suits, if you catch my drift...

I know that the Ala Wai Harbor is the Harbor that you see the S.S. Minnow leaving from in the begining sequence

I'm with you, alcina....I just don't have the patience. Or maybe it's the lack of new photos that do me in!! :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom