Simple Wet Suit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought about a shorty? I have both a full 3/2 and a shorty and unless you are real deep I think overheating is a bigger concern than being a little cool, particularly with the dehydration/DCS connection. We use them here for protection more than anything else, although are water is a bit warmer than were you are. I really like the shorty, easy on and off and not too hot.

I am pretty much in the same boat, I believe that we have some sort of scuba supermarket down toward I-drive, I was actually just going to pick up an XXL from ebay and live with what I get, but different suits are cut differently and trying a few on you may find one that fits.

There is always the option of going to a custom suit, you can have one cut to fit sometimes and if you find the right manufacturer, it doesn't cost you limbs or children. I think the last I knew the cost was around $350, that was a Frog's in Elait, Israel.

The other option for me is to lose 50lbs and go back to a strechy XL.

the recommendation of Henderson Hyperstretch. I don't own one, but have used a 7mm XL. I'm 6'1+" and about 230 lbs when I used it. I think an XL would be too tight due to your size, but the stretch and comfort is incredible.
I totally understand the budget issue and Hyperstretch at retail is pretty spendy. However, check ebay. I think Divers Discount often has 3mm and 7mm Hyperstretch for auction. Their "Buy it now" is around $245 but I saw a couple of 3mm meet the reserve for around $170 I believe.
I currently have Bare 7mm Arctic XL, I'm in Colorado, and am extremely happy with the fit. Especially for an "off the rack" suit. I think my next one will be a Bare Velocity either 5/4 or 3/2.

Perhaps a Triple-L wetsuit might do well for you. I hear it costs a bit to get them shipped from Vietnam, like $55 to ship but their wetsuits are dirt cheap and they only charge a teeny bit more for a custom. You might end up paying more for shipping than for the wetsuit. Look in the classifieds on this forum for their website.

Winton: Yeah there is a Divers Direct, off of I drive. They Have a ton of stuff. I am probably going to just get the XXL and Deal with having the arms loose. Probably keep me from getting over heated in the relatively warm water.

KVL, I am 6'2" 240# and have a Henderson Hyperstretch XXL and it fits beutifully. I am VERY happy with it and if I were you I would save to buy one. I got lucky and found mine used, but even new, the added comfort and ease of donning are well worth the extra cash!

kvl....

I'm 6'3" 240 and wear an XLT Bare 3/2 fullsuit. Cost was about $120. It's a very nice fit (xl was too short, xxl was too loose)

I was just going to suggest the XL-Tall size. Bare uses that on many of their products and it might suit you well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom