Simple, Quality Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love my HOG mask, which is equal to or better than the Oceanic Shadow I have, and a lot lower in price. No neoprene "slap strap" though, if that interests you....

I'm lucky in that nearly any of the black skirt frameless masks fit me well, including the SP frameless, Oceanic shadow, and VDH generic. Don't be surprised if your first choice isn't your final, and a frilly or expensive mask often isn't the best buy. For some reason, fitting well in the LDS doesn't always equate to good performance in the ocean.

I'm partial to jet-style fins and I'm currently very happy with my OMS Slipstreams. The foot pocket doesn't work well for some, but works great for me. The price is usually pretty agreeable as well.

It is my understanding that OMS no longer produces the Slipstream pretend Jets?

N

You are correct, old stock or second hand only. There still seem to be a few shops selling them though.

Well, if I was a betting man, I would predict that thirty years from now I will still be diving my real Jets when nobody can remember what an OMS was (possibly including me). Get back with me in 2043. They will only be 60 years old and I will only be 90.

N

Well, if I was a betting man, I would predict that thirty years from now I will still be diving my real Jets when nobody can remember what an OMS was (possibly including me). Get back with me in 2043. They will only be 60 years old and I will only be 90.

N

Too bad if the Slipstreams aren't being made now--I think they're a solid swimming fin and they sold for a great price. The Jets are great fins but just don't fit me as well. We'll compare notes in 30 years to see if my Slipstreams are still going strong. I'll be nigh to 90 as well.

Too bad if the Slipstreams aren't being made now--I think they're a solid swimming fin and they sold for a great price. The Jets are great fins but just don't fit me as well. We'll compare notes in 30 years to see if my Slipstreams are still going strong. I'll be nigh to 90 as well.

:wink: it is a deal :wink:, I bought my Jets sometime circa 1980 plus or minus, so I think they have a bit of a head start on your Slipstreams. Where shall we meet?

N

N

ill take the bet neither of us will be alive in 2043. I'll keep you posted, I've marked it down on my calendar:D

:wink: it is a deal :wink:, I bought my Jets sometime circa 1980 plus or minus, so I think they have a bit of a head start on your Slipstreams. Where shall we meet?

N

Any place they let nonagenarians near the water. It may have to be a wading pool if we're both still around.:snorkel::snorkel:

ill take the bet neither of us will be alive in 2043. I'll keep you posted, I've marked it down on my calendar:D

Uh, excuse me, :wink:, my genetics are on my side. All of my grandparents and great grandparents lived close to or broke the century mark and a few by quite a bit. And, they still had their minds and were active and all but one were still pretty much independent. So, I will be standing on whatever beach (or pub) AFdivedoc chooses. And, I will be there to dive, dive, dive, with my Jets!

Okay, I am marking my calendar, high tide, is the time, where?

N

Back
Top Bottom