Simple, Quality Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, excuse me, :wink:, my genetics are on my side. All of my grandparents and great grandparents lived close to or broke the century mark and a few by quite a bit. And, they still had their minds and were active and all but one were still pretty much independent. So, I will be standing on whatever beach (or pub) AFdivedoc chooses. And, I will be there to dive, dive, dive, with my Jets!

Okay, I am marking my calendar, high tide, is the time, where?

N

Somewhere warm, where there is someone who can help us get in the water, might need to sling an O2 tank:D

Uh, excuse me, :wink:, my genetics are on my side. All of my grandparents and great grandparents lived close to or broke the century mark and a few by quite a bit. And, they still had their minds and were active and all but one were still pretty much independent. So, I will be standing on whatever beach (or pub) AFdivedoc chooses. And, I will be there to dive, dive, dive, with my Jets!

Okay, I am marking my calendar, high tide, is the time, where?

N

OK, not being so genetically blessed, my attendance is a maybe. If I'm not lucky enough to be around, I'll pass down my Slipstreams and send them with one of my progeny.

Where is up to you. I'm a bit of a world traveler, so anywhere works. Warm water preferred in thirty years, though.

Just so observers are clear on why we're having this discussion, we're both proponents of the durability and utility of the Rocket/Jet style fin, and are debating the longevity of the Scubapro Jet (a truly great fin) and the OMS Slipstream (an excellent knock-off of the Jet made of lighter material, now unfortunately out of production).

Scuba pro Jet Sports are nice. They're inexpensive, easy on the legs, but still provide a lot of power.

OK, not being so genetically blessed, my attendance is a maybe. If I'm not lucky enough to be around, I'll pass down my Slipstreams and send them with one of my progeny.

Where is up to you. I'm a bit of a world traveler, so anywhere works. Warm water preferred in thirty years, though.

Just so observers are clear on why we're having this discussion, we're both proponents of the durability and utility of the Rocket/Jet style fin, and are debating the longevity of the Scubapro Jet (a truly great fin) and the OMS Slipstream (an excellent knock-off of the Jet made of lighter material, now unfortunately out of production).

Somewhere warm, where there is someone who can help us get in the water, might need to sling an O2 tank

Well, I am not against some place exotic but I think there is wheelchair access at the Commercial Pier dive in Florida. And since this is likely to be more of "I am surprised you made it" meeting than an actual dive, make it high tide, November 7, 2043. That is a Saturday. High tide or 10AM, whichever comes first.

CommercialPier2.jpg

TSandM is invited also, by then I will owe her a drink. She can bring her drysuit and I will not say anything. :) She will at least have Jets!

Last one in the water is a squid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

OMS Slipstream (an excellent knock-off of the Jet made of lighter material, now unfortunately out of production).

I'm so glad I bought an extra pair a couple of years ago. The Dive Rite EXPs are OK, but the Slipstreams are still my favorite.

4D18E1B0F29446988A5C7376BBE2989F.jpg

69229C754DA54EC48C4C7D323A225652.jpg

5610_1.jpg

PA030589_zpsd146089f.jpg

Probably the most copied fin in the world, if not it is close.

And I am not kidding about Nov. 7, 2043. I will be there and I will dive or die trying. I will be easy to find, the (really) old guy in a Speedo and rash guard, SeaHawk knife stuffed through the weight belt, Royal Aqua Master double hose, round mask perched jauntily on my forehead, steel 72 on military harness and last but not least, of course my Jet Fins slung over my back. No BC, no wet suit, no dry suit. It will be a great day and an epic dive. Be there. Dive-Dive-Dive!

N

Well, I am not against some place exotic but I think there is wheelchair access at the Commercial Pier dive in Florida. And since this is likely to be more of "I am surprised you made it" meeting than an actual dive, make it high tide, November 7, 2043. That is a Saturday. High tide or 10AM, whichever comes first.

CommercialPier2.jpg

TSandM is invited also, by then I will owe her a drink. She can bring her drysuit and I will not say anything. :) She will at least have Jets!

Last one in the water is a squid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

Cool, I'll start saving for my ticket. Merry Christmas James.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom