Simple divelog insert template

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think its perfect, not to cluttered and plenty of space for notes.

cummings66:
I would add a mix area to specify the gas type. Then add an area for the O2 clock and percentage in the NDL group area you have.
I only dive on air, and given that I did this template for my own use, there is not much point in adding it. However, I provided the original visio document to enable other users to mofidy the template as they see fit. I am not sure what exact information you would want to add, but depending on how much you think is essential here's what I suggest:

* 1 or 2 elements: might fit within the dive profile box, above the graph

* 2 to 4 elements: reduce the notes box, remove time in+out from date box, remove dive type from location box. Increase size of the Gas box and fit the gas info there. Increase size of dive profile, and add the time in+out there. Increase the size of the conditions box and add the dive type there.

* 4 to 6 elements: reduce the size of the notes box, and an horizontal gas mix box above it

I think the second solution should be the most aesthetically pleasing.

I have read quite a lot about Nitrox, but could not find anything to convince me I would benefit from it. Therefore I am happy with the way it is now, and I am pretty sure I will not need gas mix info for the foreseeable future.

I am considering a few changes and would appreciate some feedback. First 2 changes, included in the screenshot below, are:

* full worldmap in the location area; does not leave much space for writing, but a smaller map would not be usable

* picture watermark over the notes area (there will be 4 different ones, as the template includes 4 pages); the picture below is not definitive, it's a quick proof of concept)

DiveLogTemplate2.png

Other changes I am considering are:

* a visibility gage instead of text entry; I am not keen on specifying visibility in m/ft, as to be honest, it's a bit finger in the air type of thing. I would be more inclined to do something like left=none and right=perfect, and then put a cross in between to record is as poor, good, etc...

* a temperature gage; would that be too many gages next to each other? I would have to do it in celsius (I leave the task of making a ft/lb/farheneit version to someone else); I am not sure of its usefulness though, and I don't think a gage would be faster/easier to write and read than text (eg: 26°C)

* if I keep temperature as text, maybe a small graphic with water below and air above, with enough space to write the temps over it.

Any opinion?

After lots of work, creating new vector images to replace the exisiting bitmaps, creating quite a few new visio shapes, and experimenting with different layouts, I think I am nearing completion. Here's the current version:

DiveLogTemplate21.png

Comments appreciated, before I close the project and consider the template final.

I think it is is nicely laid out and self explanatory. Good job!

Two questions:

* I am planning to make a nitrox/gasmix version of the insert, but I do not know anything about it. What information do I need to add?

* I am also planning to make an imperial measurements version. I know I need to change m to ft (15ft safety stop?), and °C to °F. What about exposure protection, do you still use mm? And what about weight, do I need to switch to lb?

Hey, folks!

I know this is an old thread, but I am really interested in downloading this dive template to use. However, the original links are dead. Anyone have another link to download this template from?

Thanks for your time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom