Simple BCD repair question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was removing the power inflator and I noticed there was some type of adhesive on there. Normally I have just tied these things down with zip ties. When I put it back on I want to do it right so what type of adhesive would I use?

Neoprene cement, is a thing of 25 years past

Nothing beats clean surfaces, and secure ties

or clamps

I was removing the power inflator and I noticed there was some type of adhesive on there. Normally I have just tied these things down with zip ties. When I put it back on I want to do it right so what type of adhesive would I use?

The material used for corrugated hoses i a blend including polypropylene. Nothing sticks to polypro. We assemble our hoses dry and use two high quality T&B stainless tang zip ties to secure each end.

The adhesives not only don't stick, they can peel off as a "sheet" and end up fouling the OPV.

Tobin

Thanks-I am glad to know I have been doing it right. Odd, this is a new piece of equipment that they cemented everything down on.

Back 25 years ago when the hoses were probably made of rubber,wetsuit glue was how we assembled oral inflators to the hoses with plastic clamps or zipties. We didn't have power inflators back then. I quit using glue when I was specifically told at a repair clinic the information that Tobin just posted about in the late 80's.

Back
Top Bottom