Similans in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers for that - embarrassed to have not used the search button before posting haha - behaving like a SB newbie...

Sounds like theres still sweet diving out there even tho its a bit choppier and blowy?

Me and my wife are going to be in Phuket on August 26th with two full days (27,28) for diving. Are Similians an option? Do we have to make reservation?

Just back from Similans, july 28-Aug 2 on the Colona VI. We were the only diveboat out there, Colona is doing trips when there are enough people. We may have lucked out with the weater, some of the outer sites had ripping current like Fiji, and there were few big fish, seasonal? Lots of Nudibranks and other cool stuff as well as some Tuna. Sililans is doable july august, my understanding is that there is a window of opportunity this time of year. Colona VI was excellent, great crew and amenities. This up date sent to you from an internet Cafe in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.......

It's good to hear you had a nice trip Tjack. We get so few divers from N. America that I'm always happy when we see people coming from literally the other side of the globe! Thanks for the report.

Hi Tom,

Glad to hear you had a good trip, always nice to hear, especially in low season.

Regarding big fish: no whalesharks or manta rays at the moment, but normally this time of year we see quite a few other sharks, so it sounds like you were a bit unlucky in that respect.

But he, no other boats in the area.

I think next low season trip where I have some guests, I'll go along myself, so you get to really enjoy:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom