Similan Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all! Thanks so much for your time and advice on my query- I really appreciate it and it has helped to set the scene for me and make me understand what i'm after- and can afford! Thanks to your help I believe i've found a decent 4d/4n liveaboard for my budget (which I now see is at the lower end, but I have no problem sharing bathrooms etc!) and I am so excited!

Happy Xmas and New year all and thanks again :)
Ellie

Enjoy your time and dives in Thailand...some of the best (of both) I have had. :D

Hi Karin! We miss you! Happy Holidays to you! I'm busy with students and divers (yay!) and happy (as I generally am). Glad to know you're still planning to be active on SB. Keep coming to the Thailand forum (you know us so well), and I'll follow your posts about your new home base to learn as much as I can about it! Maybe I can send you a diver or two even!

Quero, Fujeira has some nice diving, a whole bunch of wrecks, one German sub at around 70 or 80 meters in case you get your tech boots on. Nothing spectacular but definitely good enough to keep your busy and happy! Nearby are some very good overnight dive sites.

Quero, Fujeira has some nice diving, a whole bunch of wrecks, one German sub at around 70 or 80 meters in case you get your tech boots on. Nothing spectacular but definitely good enough to keep your busy and happy! Nearby are some very good overnight dive sites.

Weeeeeell, I don't really agree, I find the diving here spectacular........I have never seen as many fish or as many different shoals of fish in a diving area - including Philippines, Red Sea, Caribbean, Indonesia, Thailand. I'm completely in awe and have a huge-big grin on my face when I'm diving. For instance a nice dive this morning with eagle ray, seahorse, a pod of whales on the surface, loads of healthy coral and load & loads of various fish species (trevally, barracuda, sergeant major's, batfish, fusiliers etc etc). The wreck Inchcape 1 (which "my owner" sank - on purpose :wink: ) sits in 30m and has stunning marine life, one of the 3 best night sites I have ever dived. Also, the tourism isn't well developed in this area, so you hardly ever see other divers.

My partner has had his dive center here for 11 years and is still not tired of the diving - yesterday evening I told him that I don't think I can ever get tired of diving here either :D

Ok, gotta go.......off to Dibba Rock to play with black-tips (had 15 yesterday) and turtles :D
Karin

Weeeeeell, I don't really agree, I find the diving here spectacular........I have never seen as many fish or as many different shoals of fish in a diving area - including Philippines, Red Sea, Caribbean, Indonesia, Thailand. I'm completely in awe and have a huge-big grin on my face when I'm diving. For instance a nice dive this morning with eagle ray, seahorse, a pod of whales on the surface, loads of healthy coral and load & loads of various fish species (trevally, barracuda, sergeant major's, batfish, fusiliers etc etc). The wreck Inchcape 1 (which "my owner" sank - on purpose :wink: ) sits in 30m and has stunning marine life, one of the 3 best night sites I have ever dived. Also, the tourism isn't well developed in this area, so you hardly ever see other divers.

My partner has had his dive center here for 11 years and is still not tired of the diving - yesterday evening I told him that I don't think I can ever get tired of diving here either :D

Ok, gotta go.......off to Dibba Rock to play with black-tips (had 15 yesterday) and turtles :D
Karin

Well, nice one! I only dived Inchscape 2 and Dibba Rock and enjoyed my dives!

He sunk Inchcape 2 too - in 2002 :wink: Next time you come to the UAE I'll take you to our best dive sites :D

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to this. But I just finished a 4days/3nights liveaboard in the similans and I've had an awesome time! I booked through a company called Khao Lak Explorer. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. So if you're looking for a budget liveaboard with good service and very flexible schedule, I would recommend to book through them.

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to this. But I just finished a 4days/3nights liveaboard in the similans and I've had an awesome time! I booked through a company called Khao Lak Explorer. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. So if you're looking for a budget liveaboard with good service and very flexible schedule, I would recommend to book through them.

I'm glad you had a good time :D Just for clarification, Khao Lak Explorer is an agent, so they have several boats in the program - the don't have their own boat, so it might be helpful if you write the name of the boat to recommend it

Thanks
Karin :D

Karin
I sent you a message.
Cheers
Michael

Back
Top Bottom