Silicone dry suit seals -- how to prep for easing donning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread. Where can I find talc locally? I've been to CVS, Walgreens and even medical supply shop. What about the bag to put it in? TIA
Look in the kids section. Talcum powder is by the diapers labeled as baby powder.

Sent via

Johnson's baby shampoo, otherwise known as "Kraken Spit".

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

I know this is an old thread. Where can I find talc locally? I've been to CVS, Walgreens and even medical supply shop. What about the bag to put it in? TIA

I've never found it locally without fragrance or mixed with starch, I just get it on amazon

Amazon.com : Silver Cup Shaker Bottle Premium Talc Powder, 13 Ounce : Sports & Outdoors

You may try a sporting goods store that carries gymnastics, bowling or billiards stuff

I'm no expert but my understanding is that silicone spray on silicone can make the material swell and damage it. I use what DUI recommend, which is a dilute soap solution in a spray bottle. 10 parts water to 1 part soap.

This! Works great and doesn't cost much of anything.

I ultimately got some really nice talc at a good price from dave4868 here on SB, though it looks like he may not be active here now. I believe he goes by the same username on eBay. Great produce and unmatched customer service from him--I hope he's still in the business.

I also gave the K-Y a try and was AMAZED at how well that worked, particularly for doffing. I'd been told that it would be easy, but I'd never have believed how much so until I tried it myself. Nearly magical, in fact.

I've got both in the kit at this point...

I always use K-Y it works great. The only thing is the gal at Walgreens gave me a funny look when I asked if they had a larger tube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom