Silent World Review 11/28 - 30 With new ownership (long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't care one way or another what 'strategy' yourself or anyone employs in there diving, I have no dog in the fight, I'm only correcting and clarifying when you directly miss-quoted me.

How you dive in Florida in areas outside the area being discussed in this thread or how anyone else does is their own business and I have no intention of changing your mind or methods, it was not my intention to even suggest otherwise. If on the other hand you feel the need to make it known that you believe the only way to dive in Florida in areas outside where the OP and this discussion is talking about, is to pre-book 365 days a year then so be it, but when you directly quoted me you were mis-quoting me as my reply you quoted had nothing to do with anything you've said and was in reply to this thread about Florida Keys diving in the winter, we are talking about apples and oranges. This is the last I'll say on the matter as it's just beating a dead horse at this point. I wish you good diving.

OK, you win, I'm tired. Glad you are an expert on South Florida.

Good diving, Craig

Wanted to give an update.

12-11-13

John at Silent World called to apologize. It was unexpected and I appreciated it . He wanted too say he is sorry for my experience and Kalan didn't know what had happened. I accepted his apology, I knew he nor anyone else had known what happened that day. Apparently Todd's actions was his own and when the other owners found out there was a disagreement. They asked if I would give them another shot if I come down to Key Largo and I said I would. Again I told him my beef was going back out that afternoon and he agreed with me that it would of not been a good idea. He also told me Todd is no longer with them and that he was again sorry. I had not realized there were other owners involved other than Todd otherwise this might have been resolved sooner.

Interesting.

Wanted to give an update.... I had not realized there were other owners involved other than Todd otherwise this might have been resolved sooner.

as·sump·tion
əˈsəm(p)SHən/
noun
plural noun: assumptions

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:41 AM ----------

Rdrink, that "employee" is actually the owner. If you are referring to Violet.

Hmm...

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:42 AM ----------

Umm...

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:45 AM ----------

Hello All,

I am new to the diving industry and a new shop owner. We just recently purchased Silent World Dive Center in April 2013 from the old owner and are very excited about this new opportunity!!! So anyone ever dove with us before? Come again! The staff is awesome! We offer 2 dives a day at 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. aboard our 30 ft Island Hopper. We cater to a more private setting by taking out no more than 12 divers per trip. We dive in the warm tropical waters visiting several different beautiful coral reefs and deep water shipwrecks that are up to 500ft in length!! We also offer awesome money saving dive packages. So come visit our site, email or call for more information!

Kind regards,

Violet
-----------------
Silent World
305-451-3252
info@silentworld.com
www.silentworld.com
www.silentworldstore.com
Facebook

What's this?

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:48 AM ----------

• Right on the first page of their website........

All of our boat crew are certified dive professionals. This ensures that you have a knowledgeable person at hand throughout your trip. Meet the new owners and staff:
newowners1.png

All that tells is that Violet is a new owner and not staff. The rest could be staff. All highly professional so that the client can always feel they are in good hands.

Now we know there are more owners and they are dealing with a problem as they should, in a professional manner (except for the airing of dirty laundry, I guess that's a gray area, he he)

as·sump·tion
əˈsəm(p)SHən/
noun
plural noun: assumptions

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:41 AM ----------

Hmm...

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:42 AM ----------

Umm...

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:45 AM ----------

What's this?

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 04:48 AM ----------

• Right on the first page of their website........

All of our boat crew are certified dive professionals. This ensures that you have a knowledgeable person at hand throughout your trip. Meet the new owners and staff:
newowners1.png

The way I took it from a previous post is Violet was Todd's wife. I made a post about a review I had had. If you like going in out in 20' seas so be it! I personally do not and that is the good thing about choices.

FYI, that photo above is of the 5 owner/partners of the new Silent World. Violet is married to Todd.

Wanted to give an update.

12-11-13

John at Silent World called to apologize. It was unexpected and I appreciated it . He wanted too say he is sorry for my experience and Kalan didn't know what had happened. I accepted his apology, I knew he nor anyone else had known what happened that day. Apparently Todd's actions was his own and when the other owners found out there was a disagreement. They asked if I would give them another shot if I come down to Key Largo and I said I would. Again I told him my beef was going back out that afternoon and he agreed with me that it would of not been a good idea. He also told me Todd is no longer with them and that he was again sorry. I had not realized there were other owners involved other than Todd otherwise this might have been resolved sooner.

Glad to hear that John called you. I staffed his IDC. He is a stand-up guy and his background is more business management oriented than some of the other partners - everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, so I think it's good when diverse skill sets synergize. Anyone who steps up to the plate when things don't go as planned earn my respect and at a minimum another chance.

Do let us know how it goes on your return trip.
And let me know when you'll be here, maybe meet up for :cheers: at Shipwrecks. :)

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

a side-bar about the previous owner's legal issues has been removed for privacy reasons. Consider it off topic and not germane to this discussion. We would appreciate it if it didn't come up again.

a side-bar about the previous owner's legal issues has been removed for privacy reasons. Consider it off topic and not germane to this discussion. We would appreciate it if it didn't come up again.

I agree, and this will be my last word on the subject..... but just for the record (and my own defense), it is public information and may be obtained from the Monroe County Florida Clerk of the Court.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom