Signed up for DIR-F...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You shouldn't be using your hands for propulsion. It's inefficient, and you can't use them to move yourself around when your hands are occupied (light, reel, scooter, swimming with OOA diver, etc) so you really need to learn to position your body the way you want and move the way you want without them.

Randy43068:
What's "no use of hands?"

For practice, clasp your hands together and do all propulsion/subtle moves with your fins.

Good test/practice is to sit and stare at a link in a chain or something and don't use your hands to push back or reposition... just hover and control position with your fins.

wb416:
For practice, clasp your hands together and do all propulsion/subtle moves with your fins.

Good test/practice is to sit and stare at a link in a chain or something and don't use your hands to push back or reposition... just hover and control position with your fins.
Normally I don't need to use my hands to maintain my position. It's the taskloading that screwed me up. I guess my comfort level isn't high enough.

Laurens

wb416:

Thanks for offering a solution. I appreciate it!!

PM send a few moments ago...

jonnythan:
You shouldn't be using your hands for propulsion. It's inefficient, and you can't use them to move yourself around when your hands are occupied (light, reel, scooter, swimming with OOA diver, etc) so you really need to learn to position your body the way you want and move the way you want without them.
Thanks

El Orans:
Normally I don't need to use my hands to maintain my position. It's the taskloading that screwed me up. I guess my comfort level isn't high enough.

Laurens
to practice and dive... dive and practice...
:)

I hope my new toys come in this week! :)

New regulator, new used BP/W (can't wait! thanks BCS!) new hoses.. actually it's a new scuba unit! (and fins)

some pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom