signed up for advanced cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My AOW deep dive was to the back of the Blue Grotto in Williston. A little sketchy with no visible light from the cavern at 100ft.

My wreck dive and night dives were at Hudson Grotto. A far cry from diving at night in KL or the KL wrecks or the screamer wrecks on the Gulf Coast. Hudson Grotto may as well be considered a night dive at high noon and the fiberglass 25 ft boat sunk in it will meet wreck standards for drawing a survey, but it definitely isn't what one would think of when they do a wreck dive.

But, at least we have options when the Gulf is angry.

Hi there,
So I have signed up for the advanced course (Padi) to improve and learn new skills. I can choose from several different adventure dives ( which won't include a night dive that's for sure :clearmask: ). However, for some reason, I am really nervous about the deep dive. The 5 dives will be in Key Largo, and I believe, we are going to dive Spiegel Grove for the deep dive. I just wish I was less nervous about it :banghead: Any tips?
It sounds like you have very little dive experience. Build up your confidence with shallower dives. Although once you do dive your intended depth, you'll think what all the fuss was about.

My AOW deep dive was to the back of the Blue Grotto in Williston. A little sketchy with no visible light from the cavern at 100ft.

My wreck dive and night dives were at Hudson Grotto. A far cry from diving at night in KL or the KL wrecks or the screamer wrecks on the Gulf Coast. Hudson Grotto may as well be considered a night dive at high noon and the fiberglass 25 ft boat sunk in it will meet wreck standards for drawing a survey, but it definitely isn't what one would think of when they do a wreck dive.

But, at least we have options when the Gulf is angry.

I've seen AOW students flat out refuse to do deep dive at blue grotto or hudson grotto.

Some instructors do AOW at Troy Springs. It's 70 feet if you stick your gauge in the sand, and it's also a wreck dive if you swim around in the outlet.

Back
Top Bottom