Sig line limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstroDad:
2560x1024 at 32bit color.

4 lines? When I view page source I find that all sigs are wrapped in a div of the following class:

.sizedsig {
max-height:78px;
height:expression(this.scrollHeight > 78? "78px" : "hidden" );
overflow:hidden;
overflow-x:hidden;
}

My script changes the 78px limit to 128px.....
There's a setting we can use to limit the number of pixels available for a signature.

Your settings should give you more than enough real estate to display any signature?

Got a screen print?

CBulla:
Change your text zoom. That looks monsterous!

??? It's the equiv of 12pt font - I don't call that monsterous....

BTW, What screen res are you running? If you're running a lower res screen than I am, everything will appear larger on your screen...

This is the latest FireFox and IE side by side on a laptop resolution of 1280x800 on a Dell D800 latitude

Attachments

• SB-sig.jpg
    SB-sig.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 26
El Orans:
Looks like a preference setting on your PC. Which of course is totally up to you. :)

??? Sounds like a cop-out to me. :D

I'm not sure why we got here, but it seems as if you guys think I'm complaining about something. My original post, and follow-ups to it, was me sharing a solution that works for me, on my hardware, and I didn't ask or imply that SB should change or do anything. It's not as simple as a single "preference" - I run a multi-head, hi-res desktop and without getting long-winded, any web site that specifies pixel counts (in spacing, fonts, etc) is going to look different from one hardware config to the other - it's just the nature of the beast. I've learned to live with it, I don't complain about it, and I certainly don't feel like arguing about it....

AstroDad:
??? Sounds like a cop-out to me. :D

I'm not sure why we got here, but it seems as if you guys think I'm complaining about something. My original post, and follow-ups to it, was me sharing a solution that works for me, on my hardware, and I didn't ask or imply that SB should change or do anything. It's not as simple as a single "preference" - I run a multi-head, hi-res desktop and without getting long-winded, any web site that specifies pixel counts (in spacing, fonts, etc) is going to look different from one hardware config to the other - it's just the nature of the beast. I've learned to live with it, I don't complain about it, and I certainly don't feel like arguing about it....

Ahh... nope, didn't think you were complaining, just though you at first brought up an issue then realized it may be a tech support issue and since thats part of what I do for a living was just trying to help ya resolve it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom