Sidewinder 2.0 spotted at BOOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the little they said and show sounds interesting.

To bad there is no way I can afford another rebreather.

Well, I fear it's a common bother for many of us, CCR divers. Who said divers weren't geeks ? 😇

They're building on this for 2 years now? IMHO, if they had just added a simple water trap and JJ style cells like the Gemini has, it'd probably be a better unit. I'll bet 5 bucks that the membrane or vent he mentions at 5:06 is going to be an major PITA in terms of reliablily in real life over time.

I wonder if Mike helped them or if this is a xdeep project... as in 'I tried to build my first rebreather' project (after they build a computer that didn't work and regs that didn't work)... they certainlny ain't keeping it simple.

Any chance of this unit being independently tested to validate the manufacturers claims?
It is undergoing CE certification according to Patrick. I believe the specs he reports are from that certification.

It is undergoing CE certification according to Patrick. I believe the specs he reports are from that certification.
From a dviing safety perspective thats great to hear. It speaks volumes about the manfacturer. Thanks

From a dviing safety perspective thats great to hear. It speaks volumes about the manfacturer. Thanks
Not really, you're forced to do it by law if you wanna sell it in the EU.

I wonder if Mike helped them or if this is a xdeep project... as in 'I tried to build my first rebreather' project (after they build a computer that didn't work and regs that didn't work)... they certainlny ain't keeping it simple.
I guess I got my question answered in this video.

9:15 Designed by somebody who is not a rebreather diver? Or at least not certified.

I don't understand why they put in the second dump valve on the inhale-side head. Also, I don't know about doing a cave dive or +200 ft dive on just one 80 of dil-out... is this in line with training standarts for MOD2 or any ccr cave class? Sounds like it is in the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom