Sidemount weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stage and deco bottles are not factored into weighting as they are ditchable. They are also right about neutral when emptied to normal pressures. You'd only have to ditch them if they were sucked dry

In the ocean, stages (if bottom gas) are usually sucked dry. If deco gas they could be emptied if you are forced to share deco gas. If you have to share bottom gas up to a deco gas switch, then have some elevated consumption cause the whole dive has already gone sideways, the last thing you need it to be is too light as well.

Just a question:
How much weight should be added against each additional stage AL80 ?

Also, I use 8 kg weight with wetsuit as BM in salt water.
How much weight should I have if Turing to sidemount XDeep stealth tec with 2 stages AL80?

Don't guess.

Put on ALL your cylinders with them all near empty (20-40bar) and add (or subtract) lead until you are neutral in shallow water (where your wetsuit is least compressed)

Don't guess.

Put on ALL your cylinders with them all near empty (20-40bar) and add (or subtract) lead until you are neutral in shallow water (where your wetsuit is least compressed)

fine, just I need only a rough estimation as I need to know the size I should buy for XDeep central weight pocket?

my body weight is 105 kg with 3mm wetsuit.My BMI around 30.
I used 8 kg lead weight. With one AL80.

I need to know my approximate weight in sidemount with XDeep stealth tec with 2 AL80.

So with twin Al80's, drysuit, Waterproof Warmtec 200g undersuit and tecline side16 Avenger, I started off the course using like 12kg in fresh water, and honestly believed at the time that that was the bare minimum required to keep me neutral with 30 bar in each tank - since then I've got more comfortable, changed breathing patterns, and venting technique, and have reduced down to 8kg, with the aim of hopefully arriving at 7 or 6 soon. baby steps, but generally the more time you spend diving the rig over and over again, the lower you can go - though with a drysuit and buoyant tanks you'll never end up at much less than 6kg...

Back
Top Bottom