Sidemount weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, I have the Tec. You'll get all the weight you need down your spine.

Any suggestions for rib diving? Will clip off tanks but no ladder on these so would have to do my beached whale impression up and over the side with added weight if it's all down my spine. Could prove very amusing for my fellow divers...

Any suggestions for rib diving? Will clip off tanks but no ladder on these so would have to do my beached whale impression up and over the side with added weight if it's all down my spine. Could prove very amusing for my fellow divers...
Lol that's funny.
I don't dive from ribs but you could always doff your harness as well, or get someone to pull you in?

While getting dialed in, two small pockets facing out on the rear waist belt, just clear of the spine pocket, and two on the upper shoulders will allow shifting some weight or removing some to test total weighting at your safety stop, without messing with digging into the spine pocket under the wing. At the very back, they do not seem to interfere with tank handling, nor, I think, with reaching the dump valve.

I can remove and replace the two 1 lb. weights per pocket behind me or on my shoulders while hovering, and half rolled. The 1 lb. block weights seem more secure than bullet weights. The SubGravity pockets are quite small yet fit two 1 lb. block weights (or one 3 lb). Trim Weight Pocket

A230E9EC-74A3-41E4-BD2A-AA05047773A9.jpeg

The shoulder pockets are XDeep, but the SubGravity would be less bulky. Pockets might not fit as close to the spine with the original wide fabric spine/crotch/shoulder/waist plate, I replaced most of the hardware with SumpUK bits. My butt pouch drop D's are too far apart, so don't copy that. I need to swap them for drop D's attached under the weight pockets.

I can max out my stealth with 40 lbs when necessary, while still being very functional. As pictured above, 20 lbs on the spine, xdeep pockets on the shoulders 10lbs and 2 pockets on the waist belt 10lbs......

Just a question:
How much weight should be added against each additional stage AL80 ?

Also, I use 8 kg weight with wetsuit as BM in salt water.
How much weight should I have if Turing to sidemount XDeep stealth tec with 2 stages AL80?

Just a question:
How much weight should be added against each additional stage AL80 ?

Also, I use 8 kg weight with wetsuit as BM in salt water.
How much weight should I have if Turing to sidemount XDeep stealth tec with 2 stages AL80?

stage and deco bottles are not factored into weighting as they are ditchable. They are also right about neutral when emptied to normal pressures. You'd only have to ditch them if they were sucked dry

Back
Top Bottom