SideMount Setup Fine Tuning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The quick link idea was that I have them sitting around (IIRC) and it would be a quick fix.

Longer bungees are a good idea..just got yo buy them and wait until they arrive...learn how to set them up, make sure I buy the right ones (length, diameter, strength, etc)...and dive with a SM buddy...

So, quick fix as only a little change from current set up...once length, fit, setup correct, then pursue the final, more permanent config :)

I will mess with this on Thurs as tomorrow I'm cutting a hole in my foundation :)

The quick link idea was that I have them sitting around (IIRC) and it would be a quick fix.

Longer bungees are a good idea..just got yo buy them and wait until they arrive...learn how to set them up, make sure I buy the right ones (length, diameter, strength, etc)...and dive with a SM buddy...

So, quick fix as only a little change from current set up...once length, fit, setup correct, then pursue the final, more permanent config :)

I will mess with this on Thurs as tomorrow I'm cutting a hole in my foundation :)

If you are going to be diving SM is good to have a big roll of bungee this way you always have some on hand and it is pretty cheap.

Excellent, great info guys! Thank you!

I may have figured out how to get my bungees to work...they were doubled up...I will just pull on one of them instead of both sides of the loop :)

This video was good, but how do the hoses route if the tank valves are behind your arms?? Screenshot_20191112-233008_YouTube.jpg

The regs are not actually behind you when you are horizontal, more like in your armpit, so the hose comes up just fine.

The regs are not actually behind you when you are horizontal, more like in your armpit, so the hose comes up just fine.

I see, and during an equipment issue [not necessarily an emergency], you would pull down the tank to work on the issue...and you would do little rolls [bubble checks] throughout the dive. I had an HP blowout/leak a few months back...at the time, the tanks were much more forward and it was easy to feather the tank...get as much gas as I wanted...while heading to the surface :)

If there is an issue with one side, you can reach back and turn off that cylinder off. And breath from the working side. Problem fixed.

Im not sure what your saying about a hp blowout/ leak, little rolls, bubble check. If you explain a little more, we can work through that.

If there is an issue with one side, you can reach back and turn off that cylinder off. And breath from the working side. Problem fixed.

Im not sure what your saying about a hp blowout/ leak, little rolls, bubble check. If you explain a little more, we can work through that.

On a dive, I had an HP hose for my AI transmitter leak. I noticed the leak as it was making noise...I did not see the bubbles coming out until I looked after hearing the wooshing sounds. As my tanks were more forward [out of position, apparently, and not nearly as far back as we are working to get them...under the armpits]...I was able to feather that valve and still get gas [IIRC, at first I just switched...then shut off the valve with the leak, then switched back to practice feathering...I was only in about 25ffw at that time].

If I had a smaller leak...that did not make sounds...and my tanks were further behind me [in the armpits, etc]...I may have to do little side-to-side rolls to detect the leaks...looking for bubbles, right?

Sorry, I was not more clear.

Back
Top Bottom